Chapter 21

I stared at the young boy as he cried and watched his father. Rick stood up shakily and walked over to his son slowly. I stood off to the side, letting Rick talk to his son.

"Carl," Rick's voice cracked, "You should be back at the house with mom." He continued but stopped when Carl pulled his gun on him. Wait, that looks a lot like the one Daryl lost.

Rick stopped walking as his son pointed a shaky gun at him. I started to slowly walk forward "Carl, there's no need for that." I said calmly.

"Just- just put the, put the gun down." Rick said, tears rolling down his face. I heard a snarl and whipped around to see Shane, as a walker.

Then I heard a shot and he, or it, went down. I turned back to see Carl putting his gun down and running up to hug his dad.

I looked back at Shane. He didn't get bit, or scratched. He died by Ricks knife, well my knife. How did he turn? I remembered that Shane made me drop my gun and quickly retrieved it, putting it in the waist line if my jeans.

Rick walked up next to me and told Carl to wait as he bent down to examine the body.

Rick looked at me and I shrugged. He sighed and stood up, walked toward me "Let's get back to the house." He said and gave me a pointed look. I nodded and turned around to walk, I stopped at Carl a patted his back before continuing.

I walked in front of the two of them. I heard their conversation, Carl was asking how shane died since there were no walkers around. I heard the pair stop so I did to, I turned around and looked at them.

But, it wasn't them that caught my attention. A few feet away, was a huge heard of walker stumbling up towards us.

Panicked a whisper/yelled "Rick!" And he looked at me. I pointed to my discovery and he looked, as did Carl.

"Oh my god, go!" Rick whispered and we quickly moved over to a couple of trees. The walkers were right up on us now, I guess they were closer than I thought.

"We got to get back to the house, tell the others." Carl whispered. My mind sent to Glenn and Daryl, if there still out their then their probably dead. If they had made it back, then they might have a chance.

"We can't do that, stay close. Both of you." He said and I nodded. They ran toward the barn with me following close behind, keeping them in my sight.

We ran, dogging walkers left and right. We finally made it and I closed the door. Rick put a rake in the door handles to keep the walkers from coming in.

I looked around frantically trying to figure out what to do. All the gasoline we have for the cars are in here, I got and idea.

I grabbed one of the containers and started pouring it everywhere. I think Rick caught on because he started doing the same thing and directed Carl to as well.

"Alright, shit." I said as the walkers continued to bang on the barn from all angles. Their going to take the barn down.

"Up there, hurry." Rick ordered Carl and handed him a lighter. "What about you two?" Carl asked frantically.

"We'll be right there." I said rushed. "Drop the lighter when I say, this is a distraction. You can do this. Carl, I love you." Rick said and Carl nodded running up the ladder to the top of the barn.

Rick and I nodded at each other before he ran over and opened the barn door. "COMR ON IN HERE!" I yelled and Rick and I rushed to the ladder.

"Carl! Now!" Ruck yelled when he got up the ladder and I was already up. Carl dropped the lighter and the walkers went up in flames. And the barn quickly started to.

We stood and watched for a second "I quess we can't keep the walkers out of the barn, huh?" I joked and Rick glared at me. I put my hands up in defence. I guess I should of made that joke with our current situation and with what happened with the walkers in the barn.

I heard a bunch of gun fire and turned to the opening of the barn and looked to see the group shooting them off.

I saw Daryl talking to someone in the RV and then he drove off. I let out a breath, he ok. For now at least.

Rick and Carl came up to me from behind and I watched as the RV drove over. "Hey! Over!" Rick yelled, driecting the RV.

It pulled up and I saw it was Jimmy driving. It pulled up next to the siding of the barn, so we could get down.

Ruck jumped on the siding, then helped Carl, then helped me. We then jumped onto the RV then jumped off. We quickly pulled our gun out and ran around the RV shooting walkers in the process.

We came up to the front of the old vehicle and heard screams, the blood splatted the windshield. Jimmy is dead.

"This way!" Rick yelled, snapping me out of my thoughts. We ran round the side of the barn towards the woods. The straight shot to the house was blocked by walkers so, if I'm guessing Rick's plan right, we circle around the woods and get to the house that way.

That's what we did, we made our way to the house to see Hershel picking walkers off one by one, but missing the one right behind him.

I quickly ran up and shot it right before it bit him. He turned around and looked at me "Did you see Lori?" Rick asked coming up behind me with Carl behind him.

"I don't know what happened Rick, they just keep coming. Its like a plague there everywhere." Hershel stuttered out.

"Lori! Did you see her!" Rick demanded again. I know Daryl was over by the barn, and I think I saw Glenn in a car with Maggie.

"No!" Her answered. "We have to go. Find Lori and the others." Rick said looking at me. I nodded and ran toward the car that sat behind us.

"Its my farm!" I heard Hershel yell. "Not anymore!" Rick yelled back.

I hoped into the drivers seat and Rick hoped into the passengers seat. Carl and Hershel got into the back.

I pushed the gas and speed off as fast as I could. Wanting to get away from the herd. I could see the mass fire of the barn as we drove, only indicating how much the farm was gone.

I thought we could actually have a life here, or at least stay longer to get ourselves picked up from the loss of Dale and Sophia.

But now we probably lost more people and lost the roof we had over our heads.

This is not good.

----------------------------//-----------------------------

I updated again?? This is new!

If you've seen last nights episode 6x14 then tell me what you think. I'm so pissed and upset about Denise!!

Also, the rumors about the finally and Daryl's death are freaking me out.

Anyway I hope you liked the chapter!

Please vote & comment

~Kenna