Chapter 20

"Gonna be tight, 15 people in one house." Rick told Hershel as we started packing up our things to go into the Green family farm house. After Dales death Hershel decided it would be best if we moved into the house for safety. At least for winter.

"Don't worry about that, with the swamp hardening the creek drying up-"

"With 50 head of cattle on the property we might as well be ringing a damn dinner bell." Maggie said cutting off Hershel. It was Rick, Shane, Hershel, Maggie, Daryl, Beth and I standing by the cars figuring out how we were going to make this work.

"She's right, we should of moved you guys in a long time ago." Hershel finished and I looked at Daryl who stood close to me with one hand on his crossbow strap.

"Alright, lets move the vehicles near each of the doors facing out toward the road. We'll build a lookout in the windmill, another in the barn loft. That should give us sightlines both sides of the property." Rick said looking around.

I sighed and listened to Rick continue giving jobs and orders. Daryl and him are going out later to cut Randall lose and the rest of us are staying here keeping the perimeter and finishing moving in.

I heard Daryl's bike start up and looked behind me at it. He looked up at me and nodded, mentioning me to ride with him.

I smiled and jogged over then swung my leg over the bike and we slowly moved. We were behind everyone but caught up, Passing Rick, Hershel and Andrea. Rick looked over and nodded at me and I nodded back.

"So, you're going on a run with Rick later?" I asked Daryl, leaning over a bit to see the side of his face. He gave me a side glance before looking back in front of him and giving a short nod.

"Well, be careful." I mumbled.

I don't want him to go. Dale just died and the group is all messed up over it. I've lost so much already, I can't lose him to. That's scary, though, because I haven't known him that long. A month or two? All I know is that I can't lose him, And I don't plan on it.

"Always." He grunted. I signed and rested my forehead on his back, playing with the fabric of the wings on his vest till the bike stopped.

I got off and pulled the strap of my worn back pack over my shoulder more. I walked into the house after Glenn and he went into the dinning room. I went into the living room and he turned to look at me. I gave a small smile but he just turned around and continued walking.

That's weird. Did I do something wrong? I hope not Glenn's my best friend I can't lose him either. In all honesty I can't really lose anyone else.

I set my stuff on the floor and looked over at Andrea walking in. She set her stuff down and looked over at me, "Do you want to help me get the RV up and running? So we can get it over here?"

"Yeah." I nodded and we walked out and over toward the RV. It was silent, the walk over, till I broke it with a Question.

"Do you know how to get it running? I sure as hell don't." I laughed and Andrea chuckled.

"No, guess we'll figure it out." She answered and I nodded.

Once we got there I got in the drivers seat and looked around, I settled on seeing if it would just run but it didn't, just made nosies that didn't sound good.

"Shoot, I forgot my gun, I'll be right back." I heard Andrea say and she ran off toward the house.

I tried to get it to magically run again but magic isn't real so it still won't run. Stupid Harry Potter giving fauls hope.

"April, Hey!" I heard someone yell. I stopped trying to get it running and looked up to see Glenn walking over. "Did you try pumping the gas pedal?"