Chapter 18

I walked out of the barn and sighed, looking around I tried to find something to do or at least occupy myself with.

I haven't really talked to Carl, I mean, after he got shot he sorta just stayed by his parents or Shane. So when I stepped out side to him playing in the dirt with what looked like I bullet shell, I decided to get the to know the kid.

I walked over to him and he look up at the sound of my foot steps. I gave him a small smile but was not given one back. "Hey there, Carl."

"Hey." He nodded but kept his attention on the bullet shell. The oversized sheriff's hat on his head started to fall off, I quickly caught it and looked at it. It was Rick's, the one he wore when I first met him.

"It was my dads." Carl said softly, grabbing the hat out of my hand. I nodded and watched as he sat it back on his head.

"He was a sheriff?" I asked hoping the boy will open up to me. He looked at me and shook his head, "No, sheriffs deputy." He answered and I nodded.

"He got shot, my dad, before all this. He was in a coma for a while. We had to leave him when everything happened. Mom Shane and I thought he was dead." He opened up and smiled at this. I nodded at this new information about our leader.

"He's here now." I smiled and finally got a smile back. He nodded and I ruffled his hair "I'm going to go over to Sophia's grave." He mumbled and walked away.

~*~

A little while later its time to decided whether or not Randell should live. Everyone was in the house in the living room except for Beth, Jimmy, and Carl.

I was standing in the door was next to the piano. In front of me was Glenn to my right was Daryl, and Rick stood in the middle in everyone's line of sight.

"So how do we do this? Take a vote?" Glenn asked as the meeting began with a silent conversation between everyone.

"Dose it have to be unanimous?" Andrea asked.

"How about majority rules?" Lori asked. I stood there silently try to figure out who would vote for what. Almost everyone wanted him out, not necessarily dead but out. Gone.

"Let's just see were everybody stands, talk through the options." Rick said and I nodded agreeing with that.

"The way I see it, there's only one way to move forward." Shane voiced his opinion. I scoffed and rolled my eyes about to comment on that but dale beat me to it.

"Killing him, right, why even bother taking a vote its pretty clear which why the winds blowing." He sighed, obviously tired of the back and forth.

"Well, if people believe we should spare him, I wanna know." Rick argued.

"Well, I can tell you its a small group, maybe just Glenn, April and I." I nodded as some eyes shifted to me. I looked to Glenn and noticed he wasn't backing that statement up. I sighed and shook my head as he looked between Dale and I.

"Look, Dale, I think you're pretty much right about everything all the time but this-"

"They've got you scared." Dale fired at him, hurt evident in his face. "He's not one of us."

"Neither was I." I challenged Glenn's statement. Everyone looked at me, surprised I was actually going to take part in this.

"Yeah but, we didn't really have a choice with the CDC being locked and all." Shane huffed and I glared at him. I looked over at Daryl and saw he was watching me, listening intently.

"After that, you could of just kicked me out. Made me walk away, but you didn't. Why can't we do that with him?" Everyone looked down, or around them. Trying to see if they could avoid my statement.