Chapter 5

Edited: 5/12/16

Rick Daryl and I walked for about a half hour following the same trail when we heard a rustle.

Rick and Daryl got down at the same time, same speed. Damn boyfriends be like. I got down to and we listened closely for another noise.

Rick pointed forward looking back at me and Daryl, silently telling us to walk forward. We walked for a bit till we came to a hill. At the bottom of said hill was a walker.

Shit I thought looking at it. I was behind Daryl so I was able to see Rick and him both. I saw Daryl point one way and another to Rick then looked at me Putting a hand up telling me to stay.

Rick nodded then the two went in different directions. Like hell I'm staying put. I walked in Rick's direction but I guess I was a bit off because I saw him ways away, he looked worried.

Confused I turned around to be face to face with a walker. Oh shit. It grabbed me but be for it could bit me an arrow went through its head, about cutting my nose.

"I told you to stay put." Daryl yelled anger written on his face.

"Well I'm not going to stay back and be useless." I challenged him.

"Well you should of listened to me." He said getting closer to my face.

"And why's that?" I asked looking into his eyes. "Because maybe you wouldn't of almost died!" He yelled looking into my eyes and getting even closer.

Our noses were now touching. I stayed quiet just looking at him as he did the same. I heard a cough from behind us and Daryl looked up backing a away from me.

Turning around I saw Rick standing the awkwardly. I rolled my eyes trying to hide my blush and walked to the walker.

Rick and Daryl walked of as well and Daryl retrieved his arrow. "Sophia!" I yelled and looked around. I saw Rick pull out gloves and started looking in the walkers mouth.

"What are you lookin' for?" Daryl asked looking at Rick.

"There's skin underneath its fingernails, It feed recently, the flesh in its teeth." Rick said looking worriedly at Daryl and I.

"Yeah but what kind of flesh?" I asked worried.

"Only one way to know for sure." Rick said as he pulled out his knife and ripped the walkers shirt open.

"Let me my knife is sharper." Daryl said pulling his knife out and getting into position.

He stabbed the walker in the stomach then started cutting down. Now I'm caught up and oh my god ew. Once Daryl had finished cutting the walker open he looked at Rick and I.

"Now for the worst part." Then he put his gloved covered hands into the walker like he was dissecting a frog for science class.

The smell and sight was so gross I turned away and threw up. It wasn't much because we've barley had anything to eat but still.

When I turned back they were holding up a roof of a wood chucks mouth. EWWWWW!

"At least we know." I said grossed out. Daryl looked up at me "At least we know." He repeated and we walked away.

When it started getting dark we thought we should go back to the group and figure out a plain there.

When we got there I heard Glenn announce our arrival and everyone came over. We were walking to Carol who was already standing at the side wait for us.

No waiting for her daughter.

"You didn't find her?" she asked worriedly.

"Her trail went cold we'll pick it up again first light." Rick told her calmly.