Chapter 6

Edited: 5/22/16

I was running as fast as I could to get to this damn house. Rick was right behind me carrying Carl. Shane and the man who shot Carl behind them.

I turned around to the man, "How far!" I screamed running backwards.

"Half mile!" he screamed back pointing forwards. I nodded and kept running.

Please god please, if your listening, please save this boy. I heard him say something to Rick about finding Hershel. I kept repeating that name over and over in my head.

Finally, after what felt like forever, I saw a White House covered up by trees come into view. There was a girl on the porch and as soon as she saw me she started screaming for someone.

As I got closer I saw more people come out on the porch. A older man with white hair and cleanly shaven, a little blond girl who looked about sixteen. She immediately reminded me of my sister. A boy who looked as old as her with a baseball bat, the girl who called them all had short brown hair and a older blond woman.

Once I got to the porch I stopped bending down and panting really hard. "Please." I said tired. "Help my friends son, I was told to find Hershel."

Rick then came behind me. "Is he bit?" The older man asked. "Shot, by your man." Rick spit out.

"Otis?" the older blond lady asked. "He said find Hershel, is that you." I asked the older man he nodded "Please, help my boy." Rick cried as Hershel ushered him into the house.

I waited out side for Otis and Shane to catch up. When they did Otis went into the house, I stopped Shane before he could. "We need to get Lori, Shane she needs to know." I panicked.

The kids mom doesn't even know he's dying. Shane looked at me worried "I know but right now we need to figure out what we even need to tell her." He sighed. I nodded before we both went to go into the house but then Rick came out.

"Is he alive?" I asked softly. He looked at me for a moment then to another direction. He's really out of it.

He went to wipe the sweat off his face but ended up smudging blood on his forehead. Shane got a rag and walked over to him "you got blood" Shane said whipping the blood off Rick's face. He then handed the rag to Rick for him to wipe his hands.

Rick then started to cry and ran into the house with Shane and I following. I can't stop thinking that Lori should be here and not me. It should be Lori, Rick and Shane. I should be looking for Sophia with Daryl.

"You know his blood type." Hershel asked Rick knocking me out of my thoughts. "A positive same as mine." Rick answered. "That's good. Don't wander far I'm gonna need you, what happened?" Hershel asked.

"I was shooting a deer, the Bullet went clean through." Otis said as if he's high.

"The deer slowed the bullet down which saved his life, but it broke into six fragments and there deep." Hershel said holding Carl's wound.

Otis started explaining himself to the older woman I now know as Patricia from Hershel ordering her to something.

Rick turned to me and Shane. "Lori don't know my wife doesn't know." He said starting to cry but Shane started shushing him trying to calm him down.

I walked out into what I'm guessing was the living room. I sat down and started to silently cry. Sophia then Carl in the matter of two days. Don't ask us to baby sit cause we suck with kids.

Rick and Shane walked out after me, Rick is calmed down a bit now. "Why did I let him come with us?" Rick asked shane after awhile. "I should of sent him with Lori."