Chapter 3

Edited: 5/1/16

I woke up the next day to light snores. I looked at the floor next to the couch and saw a sleeping Daryl. He had a bottle of wine next to him that was half empty. So that's where he went last night.

I sat up and cracked my back and neck before getting up. I went to the bathroom, put my hair up into a pony tail, changed into my black skinny jeans, my bra and plaid shirt, and then my boots.

When I walked out Daryl was just waking up. "Well good morning sleeping ugly." I said and smirked at his glare. He made a pained face from the hangover I'm guessing he has.

"Shut up." He grunts and gets up, "I'm taking a piss." He tells me. "Um ok? Thank for the info?" I say more as a question.

"I'm going to breakfast!" I yell to him and leave before I can hear an answer.

I walk down the hallway and see carol and Sophia come out of their room. "Morning." I say to them. "Morning." Carol says back and Sophia just smiles at me.

We walk to breakfast together with small chatter here and there. When we walked in, I could smell eggs and hear the groans of a hungover Glenn.

"Eggs, powdered, but I do them good." T-dog says with a proud smile. Glenn groans and I look at him. He looks awful, I didn't drink much so I'm not hungover, thank god!

"Protein helps the hangover bud." I say to Glenn. "Where did this come from." Rick asked holding a bottle of pain killers.

"Jenner thought we could use it, some more than others." Lori says looking at Glenn. "Don't ever ever EVER, let me drink again." Glenn grumbles. I giggle and start eating my eggs.

"So April tell us about your self." T-dog says to me. Oh crap. I look at him then everyone else as they say yeah.

"Well what do you want to know?" I asked debating on what to tell them. "What did you do before the world went to shit?" He asked. Oh ok I can answer that no problem.

"I was trying to get into special effects make-up, but before I could, the make-up became real." I answered and laughed at my own joke.

Some chuckles were Heard and then Lori asked me a question. "Where's your family?" Oh no, I can't answer this with out crying I just know it.

"Um they are in Michigan, well last I heard." I answered avoiding telling anymore.

Glenn looked up at me "Really? I'm from Michigan to." He said, I looked at him and smiled slightly thanking him for changing the subject.

"Yeah? I'm from Lincoln Park, right out side Detroit." I told him, He smiled bigger.

"I'm from Troy, also right out side Detroit." I nodded understand were he's from.

"So anything else?" Carol asked me changing the subject back. "Uh well-" I was cut off by Shane walking in rather loudly. I sighed in relief while Rick and him talked.

I just ate, not paying attention to their conversation when I noticed scratches on Shane's face. "Um, are you ok? You have some scratches on your face." I asked him.

When I did so Lori looked down ashamed and annoyed. Alright well something's up that I missed, you know, with not being with them since the start.

"Must have done it in my sleep." Shane answered but I could tell he was lying. "I've never seen you do that before" Rick said oblivious to the lie.

"Not like me at all." Shane said looking directly at Lori. Oh yep, I definitely missed something. She just avoided his gaze and kept eating.

"Hello everyone." Jenner said as he came in. Andrea and Dale shared a look and nodded at each other. Ok dude seriously, I don't like not knowing things, there's so many secrets.