Chapter 4

Edited: 5/2/16

BOOM!

My eyes snapped open at the loud bang that just went off. Damn my head hurts, almost like I've been elbowed in the face. Oh wait.

I felt a weight on top of me and looked up. I saw Daryl's face really close to mine as he slightly straddles me and had his arms on either side of my head.

I looked at him confused, "Uh why are you on top of me, and what was that loud noise?" I asked.

"The loud noise was the CDC blowing up and I'm on you because we just made it out and I had to duck and cover." He answered. I nodded as he got off of and I sat up.

My bag was at my feet and I was in a truck. "What happened and where am I?" I asked looking around confused then something hit me.

"Wait did you just say the CDC blew up?" I asked and he nodded. "What the fuck did I miss?" I asked more to myself than him.

"Well after I accidentally elbowed you, Jenner opened the doors and we got out before it exploded." He answered and he started driving behind the other cars. "And your in my truck." He finished and I nodded.

It was silent for a bit but then Daryl broke it with a question. "Tell me something interesting." He said quoting me from when I asked him that.

"I had a sister." I said and looked at him. He looked back and nodded. "Where is she?" He asked looking at me then the road. I looked out the window not wanting to answer but I felt I should tell him.

"She was 16 and we were almost out of the city before one of those things got her and ripped her apart right in front of me." I said holding back my tears. He looked at me with soft eyes then nodded.

It was silent the rest of the ride. I'd glance at him a few times taking in his appearance.

He had short brown hair and a small beard growing. He had blue eyes that looked really tired but focused on the road ahead.

After a while we stopped to get rid of some cars and that included Daryl's truck but he had a motorcycle so he was fine. I looked around at everyone and noticed someone was missing. Jacqui. She must of stayed at the CDC. That's really sad.

While they were getting the gas out of some cars Rick looked at me and started walking over. "Are you staying with us?" He asked me with a serious tone.

"Am I aloud to?" I asked hoping I was. He nodded so I said yes and he smiled. "Welcome to the group." He said then walked off.

"Hey you riding with me?" I hear Daryl say. I look at him wheeling his bike over to me. I smiled and nodded "Hell yeah!" I said which made him chuckle.

I looked at the group again we had three cars now including Daryl's bike. I looked back at Daryl and noticed he put on a leather vest. It had angel wings on the back of it. As I got on the bike I looked at the vest again. It's beautiful, it might sound weird but I really like this vest.

I heard that we were heading to fort Benning. So we started out of the city and on the high way. As we got farther from the city I saw a bunch of cars blocking the rode.

Daryl weaved in between them and turned around telling dale the RV would fit. We drove a bit further seeing a bunch of cars with dead bodies in them.

All of a sudden a loud screeched went off hurting my ears. I turned around and saw the RV with smoke coming out of it.

Everyone who wasn't in the RV but in the other car stepped out and came over to see what was happening. It was then I got a good look at everyone. We looked like pigs that just got done rolling around in dirt. We need showers and fast.