16. dad

HIII!! sorry for all that confusion on the last chapter- the story aint over i promise- it's got soooooo far to go >:)

ENJOY!!!

also...my birthday is tomorrow omg

Mayor Levine

EJ's pov

{Saturday}

I squint my eyes open, reaching over to my side table to grab my phone. I tap the screen and it lights up. It was around 10am and I saw messages from Ricky and Nini.

I furrow my brows and try to get up, but I feel weight on my chest

I furrow my brows and try to get up, but I feel weight on my chest. I let out a breath and smile when I see Gina lying on me. I gently kiss her head and she starts to move around.

"Hey Gi...", I whisper, "I need to go check something."

She nods her head and rolls off of me and I get up, heading out of the bedroom. I walk down the stairs and out the front door. I open my mailbox but find no letter.

I bite my lip and walk back into my house. I walk into the kitchen to see my parents talking to each other.

"Morning...did you guys take a letter out of the mail? Addressed to me?", I ask.

"Oh yeah...the mail is in the office honey", my mom smiles.

I nod my head and walk down the hall, through the door to the office. I look around on the desk and find the envelope with my name written in fancy cursive on the front.

I grab the letter and walk back up the stairs, into my room. Gina was still lying on the bed but she had grabbed her phone and was more awake now.

"Assuming you went to check for the letter?", she says.

"Yep...", I chuckle.

"Was it there?", she asks, sitting up.

I nod, flashing the envelope in my hand.

"So...we're all invited to this...party? Thrown by the mayor?", she speaks.

I sigh, plopping on the bed. I open the envelope and scan through the letter.

"Sounds like it. Yours is probably in your mailbox.", I reply.

"Don't you think it's weird?", she questions.

I shrug, "I don't really know. I mean- he's definitely a...different kinda mayor."

Ricky's pov

I arrive at my house and park in the driveway. I noticed my uncle's car is gone so I assumed he had gone to run errands. I shut the car engine off and get out of my car, walking to the mailbox. I open it and pull out the envelope that has my name written in cursive on the front.

I open it and scan through the writing. It pretty much said the same thing as Nini's.

Speaking of...her. I know we just got started back with being friends but things feel weird between us and I don't know why.

Gina's pov

"Do you think we should go?", I ask.

"I mean- what's the worst that could happen?", Ricky replies.

Nini looks over at him, "Big crowd...lots of people to kill...we could be one of them..."

"Maybe we just- come prepared then?", EJ suggests.

Nini sighs, "I don't know if I'll go...but you guys can."

I press my lips together and look at her. Ever since her mom died and dad left...she's obviously not been okay...which is normal considering...everything happening. She has every right to be cautious now.

"Are you okay?", I ask, out of the blue, staring at her.

She looks up at me, furrowing her brows, "Hm?"

"...are you doing...okay?", I repeat.

She lets out a breath, "Gina I really don't wanna talk about this...I- I'm sorry it's just- a lot"

I nod my head and silence takes over the room. We all open up our laptops and begin typing away. We're trying to dig deeper now...but it's beginning to get frustrating since we can't find anything.

Ricky was secretly looking up more about werewolves. He sat across from Nini so she wasn't able to see his screen. EJ and I were trying to find more repeating concepts within each of the killings. And Nini...she was busy with the police and trying to find her dad.

Nini's pov

I was writing a little report on what happened to my mom because the police asked for me to speak and I didn't want to verbally talk. My heart was hurting with every word I typed.

I was all alone.

At least for now.

After my grandparents heard what happened to their daughter...and their son-in-law, they told me they were going to come stay with me. It won't be until a few more days though.

Times were so incredibly weird right now. Not only with all this...murdering stuff...but with Ricky too. I feel like we just all of a sudden clicked again and now we're getting closer and closer and I just feel weird around him now. I feel like we have some awkward tension.

The room was still quiet, until my phone started ringing. Everyone's heads popped up and they stared at me as I flipped my phone over to check the contact.

"Who is it?", Ricky asks.

I gulp, "It's...my dad."