23. the party (part 2)

HIII MY LOVELY FELLOW PEOPLE. i hope you will forgive me for the last chapter...

but uh ENJOY HEHEHE

just before everything turns into a blur.

Gina's pov

"That's what makes you beautiful!", I shout as the song comes to an end.

EJ laughs at me as he sips on his drink, talking to Ricky. I walk up to them, trying to catch my breath. I've been dancing and singing all this time and it's got me tired now.

I let out a breath, "I can't believe Nini missed that song. She's gonna be so mad when she finds out they played that."

"Speaking of...where is she? It's been like an hour.", EJ brings up.

"I'm not sure...a man said he needed to talk to her. And she told me she'd be back soon.", Ricky says.

"And you let the man talk to her?!", I exclaim, "Are you out of your mind!"

Ricky shrugs and raises his hands in defense, "I-I don't know! He looked like he was going to kill me if I didn't let her go!"

I groan and let out a somewhat angry sigh. I scan the room, searching for my best friend. The music abruptly stops, and everyone looks around. The sound of metal clanking against a glass echoes through the rooms. Everyone at the party begins to walk into a bigger room where we see the mayor standing on a podium.

"What's this all about?", I whisper.

EJ shrugs, "Speech of some sort I'm assuming?"

Everyone gets quiet when the mayor taps on the mic to check if it's working. He clears his throat and puts a smile on, looking at everyone.

"Welcome, welcome. I hope you all are thoroughly enjoying your night. I just wanted to come up here and give a speech before we get back to the dancing.", Mayor Levine speaks, "I want to thank the small town of Salt Lake for bringing me here. Even with everything that is going on, we're working through it and I thank you all for standing with us."

He waves and walks off the podium, away into another room. Chatter starts up again along with he music and EJ, Ricky, and I all walk back to the bar to get more drinks.

Ricky's pov

My mind was stuck on Nini.

Where is she?

What is she doing?

Is she okay?

Every thought that crossed my mind traced back to Nini.

"Thanks", I mumble, taking my glass from the bartender.

EJ and Gina were out on the dance floor again and I chuckle watching the two. They weren't the best at dancing together. For a football player and dancer...you'd think they'd be more coordinated?

I let out a breath and take a sip of my drink, looking around. Two people catch my eye when I see them walking down the stairs. It was that same man in the black suit that was supposedly talking to Nini. I stared at the other man for a long minute before it hit me. My eyes slightly widen, and I set my drink glass on the bar counter. I walk to the end of the stairs, getting in the way of the two men. They stop their conversation and look at me.

"Mr. Roberts?", I query. 

He clears his throat, his posture and look changing. He seemed nervous.

"Ricky?! Is that you? I haven't seen you in a long time.", he chuckles.