Fox/If It Isn't the Troublemaker

You pocketed the now stolen credits you had in your hand, walking away as you did so. It's been a lucky week for you and you haven't encountered any of the Coruscant Guards yet, which you find suspicious. Of course, you kept your guard up just in case you were to ever have a run in with them.

Looking in front of you, you smirked as you saw rich looking man and thought about the valuables you were about to have. You quietly approached him from behind since he had his back turned, your eyes with a mischievous glint. You were about to reach into his pocket until you tripped over a misplaced rock, causing you to bump into him. The man quickly turned around to see you and you made a break for it.

"Thief!" He shouted, catching a few ears.

"Shit." You mumbled as you ran, one of the Coruscant Guards noticing you.

The guard chased after you as you took multiple turns hoping to lose him. He was right on your heels and you quickly turned a corner just as he was about to tackle you. You didn't look back and kept running away to find a hiding place. You glanced behind you and didn't see the guard, which had you confused. Not looking where you were going, you turned back around and bumped into someone then fell to the ground. You looked up to see one of the guards staring down at you.

Your lucky streak has ended.

You turned over and attempted to get away but stopped when you were grabbed by the arm, getting pulled up. You tried to free your arm but the guard was much stronger than you. He grabbed your other arm and put it behind your back, cuffing your hands.

"I've apprehended the criminal, sir." He spoke into his helmet.

'A criminal? Is that what they think of me?' You thought.

You were then shoved forward and you took this as a signal to start walking. Your expression soured as you were led to where you think you'd be staying. Your suspicions were proved when the Republic Military Base came into view. You two approached the main door then walked into the building, being led down the hallway. The guard behind you said something you couldn't hear and the blast doors in front of you opened.

'The detention level, of course.' You thought, not surprised.

A different guard you recognized stood up before walking over towards the glass, you shooting him a glare.

"Well, well, well, if it isn't the troublemaker." He said, unimpressed.

"Well, well, well, if it isn't the pain in my ass." You hissed.

"C'mon, now, that's not how you greet an old friend."

"Oh, kriff you."

"Eh, I'll pass. Take her to one of the holding cells, Thorn."

"Yes, sir." The guard behind you said.

You were then led to an empty cell and you were shoved inside, after all of your possessions have been taken. You internally groaned as you sat in the uncomfortable bed attached to the wall.

"Stupid rock." You mumbled, putting your head your hands.

That little rock was the exact reason of why you were here, and you hated how you got caught. You groaned in frustration and laid down on the bed, staring up at the ceiling. You then began to think back to when your life was easy, where you actually had a good paying job and a place to live. It was about a year ago today that all of it was taken from you.

Flashback:

You walked into your apartment and hung up your keys and coat, taking off your shoes. You were so ready to get some rest after a stressful day at work. You placed your bag on the small table you had and went down the hallway towards your room. You opened the door to your room only to see that it was a mess, as if someone had ransacked it. You rushed around the room to see if any of your valuables were stolen. You searched through the drawers of your dresser and started to panic when you couldn't find your rent money. It was due tomorrow and your landlord wouldn't be too pleased about this.