07 - deal

Mila's Pov

.....
Mila's Pov

"How is your hair so soft. I chopped half mine off and it's still dead." Blair complains as I plait the last part of her dark black hair.

"Time and effort baby." She huffs and crosses her arms. "Still a woman of very few words huh? You haven't changed a bit." I hate talking, whether I like the person or not. I hate it.

"It's weird how we lost so many years to this whole marriage fiasco." She remarks as I tie the bobbin into her hair. "Alright, your hair is done. Make my team proud okay?"

"C'mon Em, one bad result shouldn't make you stay off school. Plus, I'm a year younger than all of those. Why would they even listen to me?" I pat her on the back, initiating for her to stand up.

"Tell them I'll spread some rumors if they don't. I have shit on all of their personal lives, jailbird brothers, slept with best friends boyfriend, fingered one another in the girls locker room... and to think that's only on one girl. If they even try to come for you I'll do them ten times worse, don't worry about it."

She rolls her eyes and holds out her hand. "Your commanding pompom please?" I take the little pink pompom off my couch and place it into her hand.

"It's just for one day Blair. One singular day, I'll be back tomorrow... maybe." She ignores me, packing up all her things and kissing me on the cheek. "Later loser." I slap her on the ass as she walks out the door.

Maybe I was a bad friend for unloading 15 raging bitches on her, I wish I was lying, I wish they were all great girls. But they're kinda awful people, I suppose it's no different from me.

Before I can get in the shower, a little knock comes from my window, followed by another. My immediate reaction? Grab the nearest knife, but it's my window, so who on earth is scaling my wall?

I creep out from behind my curtain, looking out the window to find the one and only, Carter Crawford standing on the grass behind my building. Clad in his school uniform and backpack sling over his shoulder.

I reluctantly pull it open, sticking my head out so he can hear me. "What!?" Carter grins, shifting on his feet back and forth.

"I need you!" So needy for me all the damn time. "I'm sick." I fake a cough, holding my hand to my mouth.

I try to see his expression before giving up, shoving on my glasses. He just narrows his eyes. "Mila... You said you would tutor me!"

"I should really get back to bed... Later Crawford!" I shout back and ignore his attempts to throw more stones at my window.

I grab out some alcohol, maybe because I'm in a bad mood, or maybe because Im a failure. Who cares? Right? Not me.