27 - love

Pls comment a bit more on this chapter, the last one was kinda disappointing :/// and not very motivational lol

.....
Milas Pov

"You want to take a break? I fucking hate parties and the guys are all...frolicking, in the rain." Carter asks, pointing to Benny who was urging both Harrison and Rob to roll around and dance in puddles with him.

"Sure." This time I clasp my hand in his, he holds back from commenting on it, just this once.

I let go once we reach the dining area, away from the party and the music. There's a little jar of Kitkat bars in the center of the table that Robby buys, specifically for when I visit.

Carter passes me one and I happily munch on it while he takes a seat at the table, pulling me onto his lap after a couple seconds. "You have a good day?"

"Mhm, the girls convinced me to go to this." I refrain from groaning, I used to enjoy parties, just like Blair does, but now they're utterly boring.

"I hate parties too." He laces my hand through his, stretching them out and around my stomach.

"Hey Carter?" I feel a small kiss pressed into the back of my neck, letting the tingles spread throughout my body.

"Mhm."

"Would you save all your dirtiest jokes for me?" He bursts out laughing, then covers his mouth when he sees my face. "Oh, you're being serious?"

"Yes, I'm being serious. Let's say...oh, okay I have it. Say you're in training and...your hockey coach keeps telling you to go faster and faster. You would tell me about it later and we would laugh about it together, right?"

His face is very discouraging, but after a couple beats, he finally nods. Ha! Success.

"Yes, Emilia. I would—in fact—save all my dirtiest jokes, specifically for your dirty minded, eight year old boys brain." He adjusts the hair band I'm wearing and smiles.

"Happy?" He asks.

"Extremely." I remember asking him if he was happy once, and he said immensely. But I think extremely has more of an impact, to show him that I genuinely am.

"If you were in a room with Aladdin, Captain Hook and Prince charming, who would you fuck, marry and kill?" The question catches me off guard, yet I know my answers.

"Fuck Captain Hook, marry Aladdin and kill charming, I don't like prissy boys." He rolls his eyes but nods in agreement.

"Okay, your turn." I turn in his lap, leaning against the back of the chair with my legs across his as he props his head up on the table with his right hand, gazing up at me with those pretty hazel eyes.