04 - pink

I noticed some of you thinking that Harrison and Carter were gonna be in some type of love triangle, respectfully

I noticed some of you thinking that Harrison and Carter were gonna be in some type of love triangle, respectfully...no. He's just mila's friend.

Mila's Pov
......
A week ago

My thoughts run away from me as I fiddle with my fingers, letting him tie the pink scrunchy into my hair.

Once he's done, I take a step to the side, distancing Carter and I. "Thanks but I should uhm, get outside to the girls. I'm already late..." He doesn't speak as I awkwardly grab my gym bag and walk out of the changing rooms.

I should go out to them, but I take a sharp right, away from the Sports Hall and down the side of the school. Pushing open the storage rooms door. It's completely dark until I flick on a light.

There is shelves upon shelves of stuff, nothing in specific and none of it organized, just cluttered, messy and unnaturally dirty, plain uncomfortable. The big fat 'F' on my history paper spins around my head.

You failed.
You suck.
You're stupid.
You're not good enough.
Shut up Emilia.

The anger inside me is raging, I studied, I put in the work and I used every piece of fucking effort in me, yet still failed. How? How did I fail?

I wish I had a choice in my life.
I wish my family stopped blaming me.
I wish to be loved, real fucking love.
I wish someone would stay long enough to learn how.

I wish I wasn't such a burden to everyone.
I wish I never failed.
I wish a lot of fucking things.

My anger bubbles over as my hands instinctively push a box of some Christmas decorations over... then the box of party items. And down goes the prop box, I chuck costumes at the wall, Leaving nothing in boxes as I use all my power to destroy this room.

Why do I do this? I cant even help it when the tears run down my face as I slide down the wall, my head is hot and my hands are trembling. The blood pounded in my ears, heart thudding in my chest, my vision went totally and completely foggy.

I couldn't breathe when my throat began to close up, losing all sense of reality. I wish I never failed that stupid fucking test. I wish I loved myself and I wish people noticed how much I try.

As soon as my breathing picks up at an unnatural pace, the door flies open and in walks Harrison, concern is spread across his face.

I want to hide how awful I feel, make sure he doesn't think I'm insane. He stares blankly at me before sitting to my right on the ground, wrapping me in his arms as I continue to breathe excessively.