12 - lollipop

Carters Pov

.....
Carters Pov

Mila is late to class; the reason why? I have no idea and its pissing me off. I was excited to argue some more with her today.

Although I suppose on Friday at the beach we uhm... well we had a bickering of sorts. I know she would consider it infuriating but I found it mildly entertaining.

The ragged breaths and lingering eyes, feather like touches and unspoken words behind every sentence.

So instead of physically seeing Mila. All I hear is just people whispering about her. Nothing bad of course, just whispers.

Since a freshman was put in our class, she's been getting the gossip on everyone too easily, including my girl.

So when Mila walks in, the whispering only increases. "That's her. That's Emilia Valentina Violet. She could probably make you cry with just her slare, she looked at me once and I think I got down on one knee, I was that mesmerized." One girl whispers and the other chimes in, informing the little freshman.

"She's the kinda girl who could not only end you, but also your family, any potential future you wished for and every relationship you thought was forever. She knows Victorias fucking secret."

"So what..? She is just some bitch, probably too high up on her horse-" Silly, silly little freshman.

Mila strides over, drops her handbag on our table and then turns around to the gossip mc' gossipers behind me and leans against their table. Propping her chin up on the palm of her hand.

"Hey Avery? Little piece of advice for you, just girl to girl." The freshman glances at her friends and then back to Mila, gulping once.

"I'd advise you to stop talking before I make your life a living hell. Sound peachy? Or maybe you'd like to share more of your worthless opinion, seriously I'm all ears." The freshman shakes her head, staying deathly silent.

"Next time you spread your bitchy little opinion around the place, make sure people care first."

She offers a very sarcastic smile to the three girls and they all nod, returning to their assigned seats and Mila sighs, sitting down beside me.

I clear my throat to catch her attention and she turns to me, taking a deep breath. "And you? What the hell do you want Crawford?"

My eyes widen involuntarily as she begins to take out her books. "Poked the bear." I murmur as Ms Hart strolls into class, late as usual.