37 - speak now

Mila's Pov4 days laterYou all will definitely thank me for this chapter :)

Mila's Pov
4 days later
You all will definitely thank me for this chapter :)
.....

I scroll through each individual tabloid. Cringing for my own mother. There's very few times that I feel bad for her, but this is one. Every single news station is talking about it.

Valentina Violet killed her first husband.

And christ I wish they were talking about Herman. Spoiler alert...they are not. They're talking about my dad. They're talking about my parents. My mother is hell on earth almost ninety percent of the time, but she never killed my father.

There's so little I know about this world that I've grown up in, but I do know that the possibility of Valentina killing Nathanial is non existent. My parents were everything, they had the relationship that people would kill for...literally. Looking at you, Herman.

He's a dead bitch now, but we can never tell the media who actually killed my father. Herman gets to rest in peace while my mother has to pick up the pieces.

It started off as a rumor, the kind that begins small and then just...never ends. They caught word on the day after I told her I was getting emancipated and now, no one has stopped talking about it.

My mother needs to do something, and fast. She needs to get the attention off of her and onto someone else. I don't know how, but it's gotta be quick if she wants this situation to end.

Right as I shut my laptop, my bedroom door flies open with Blair slamming it behind her. The look on her face is the type of anger that you should reconsider every life choice that you have ever made, ever. Mercy is a word that simply doesn't exist to Blair.

"Don't even think about opening your mouth or I won't hesitate to murder you." She takes a deep breath, then continues. "Let me get this straight, you managed to tell Monica, Harrison, Georgia, Rob and Ben...about the break up before you even considered me!"

I slide off my bed and try to take steps closer to her but she presses herself further against the door. "Is this how it's gonna be now? I'm gonna be left behind and caught in between you two like last time? Or will you just straight up abandon me like you did before? Which is it? Because right now, I suggest you fucking pick one."

"Blair-" I try. She shakes her head. "That's not fair! That's not fair on me. You're supposed to be my best friend, I get that I'm younger than you guys but it's only by a couple months. It doesn't make me any less capable to know about these kinds of things, I'm tired of being left behind. I'm tired of getting left in the dark. No one cares about me anymore and I just don't understand where I went wrong!"