38 - eternity.

⚠️Make sure to vote in the bottom left corner⚠️Carters Pov

Carters Pov
.....

Everyone turns their head towards me, and all I can look at is her. I sometimes wish she wasn't so breathtakingly beautiful, maybe then it would be much easier to do this.

"Don't....Don't marry him." I hesitate, stepping out from behind the rows of pews and stand in the middle of the room.

"I love you, Emilia." She takes a deep breath, frozen in time. "Deepest depths of hell, endless shards of glass. Looking at you and smiling for no reason, possession of my heart and I'm so, completely confident in its safety. When I'm asked what makes me truly happy, I say your name, type of love."

I memorized that after she told me, she explained what love to her felt like. So, this is me, telling her how it feels.

Blair looks on the verge of fainting, Frank hasn't moved, my parents are smiling lightly, Monica and Rob along with Ben are all open mouthed. Everyone is looking at me, horrified, until their gazes shift.

"I love you." I repeat. Her heels are rooted to the carpet, except she's not saying no, in fact, she says nothing.

She glances at Valentina, who winks, Mila's eyes narrow. I'm totally lost in the exchange, but I don't have any time to even care.

Mila doesn't look back at Frank, she doesn't look at anyone, except me. "I...."

Everyone's waiting, everyone's watching, everyone's holding their breath. No one moves a singular inch.

She doesn't even have to say anything, all she does, is smile sympathetically at Frank, pick up her dress, walk down the stairs, and right up to me.

We lock our hands together, and we sprint the fuck out of there. Mila almost trips, but I manage to hold her steady as we burst through the doors and into the reception.

The receptionists eyes are wide, Mila laughs, stopping abruptly when I pull her away and out of the building.

Both of us leg it towards the car that was set to take Frank and Mila to the airport. Ha.

I got the girl.

Mila gets in first, struggling with her dress while I convince the driver to take us to the airport. He keeps shaking his head, which means he's definitely one of Franks men. I'm not sure what business he's apart of, but it's gotta be valuable, which means his employees are loyal.

I ignore his repetition of the word 'no' and walk over to the drivers side of the car, pick him up by the collar and drop him down. He manages to stay upright, quickly running into the building to report what just happened.

Oh well.

I turn on the car and resist every urge in me to laugh as Mila clambers through to the front of the car. Her dress hits me in the face, numerous amounts of times, to which I roll my eyes.