13 - facade

Carters Pov

Carters Pov
.....

"I will pick you guys up here, same time tomorrow?" I'm about to say yes to Blair before Mila answers for me. "My mother said she'd send a car. Don't worry about it."

Blair raised an eyebrow. "Fancy."

She drove off a couple seconds later, leaving us awkwardly standing on the path. "What are you planning on wearing?" I ask quietly as we fall into step beside each other, walking towards our dorms.

Blair didn't live on the school grounds and Harrison, Bentley and Robert rented a house a couple streets over, the house was in the middle of nowhere but it was cheap since there is only country roads around this area.

Yet Mila and I? We both lived in dorms, same building but different floors since we were split up into boys and girls. The headmistress had strict rules about that, then again, you wouldn't expect a school called 'Royally Elite' to have no rules.

"I bought a white dress, my mom is lending me one of her old masks that she wore to her first masquerade." I nod as my brain sifts through different suit options.

My dad aways made sure I was wearing the most expensive suit possible, which I wasn't necessarily annoyed about.

Something I was annoyed about? The fucking masquerade ball we had to attend. Red carpet, flashing lights and fancy, expensive champagne.

To Emilia Violet... it's a dream. She loves the attention and the stupid champagne, but I'm the total opposite.

"You said you had something prepared for me tonight, right?"

I nod and hold out my hand. "If you please, madame?" She scowls but I ignore that, I think she's still all riled up from the changing room situation.

After she told me I belong to her, I unzipped that stupid corset of hers and left the room, I got her so good.

Not.

So now she's pissed.

"Would you just take my damn hand?" She glances down to my outstretched hand and then her eyes meet mine.

"Fine." I smile in success as I lead her out to the front of the dorms, avoiding the cameras on the school from across the parking lot.

"Where are you taking me? And why am I always the one that has to be confused?" I shush her and put a hand over those pretty eyes of hers.