18 - complain

Carters Pov

Carters Pov

"Cant we just walk right through the house, make a statement or something?" Mila asks and I shush her.

"No. Your clothes are ruined from the rain and... if we go into the house by the front door? Then we have to put on a show to all those people inside, and talking to our parents party guests doesn't particularly sound fun to me..."

She sighs as I usher her to keep up, I'm taking her around the back of the house and using the back door into the kitchen. That way we can get warmth from the stoves and out of the rain, without making small talk with serial killers and my parents friends.

I hold the door open for her and hurries in, kicking off those heels she loves and grabbing one of the kitchen towels from the top cabinet.

"Will you pass me one?" I ask and she shakes her head. "Don't be lazy Crawford."

She's so irritatingly amazing. It's incredibly frustrating.

I go to take off my hoodie and she immediately stops me. "No. Not happening. You're not gonna strip off in front of me."

I glance from my hoodie and then back to her hand on my arm, fucking butterflies.

Pull. Yourself. Together.

Her big eyes stare at her hand on my arm before she yanks it back as if I was the one who just forced her to. "C'mon Emilia. Scared you cant control yourself..."

I tease and she rolls her eyes, ignoring me while she hovers her hands above the stove. "Nope. Not a problem."

"Alrighty then..." I turn around, grabbing the ends of the hoodie and pulling it off.

Underneath it, my white top is stuck to my chest and stomach. And it's currently painfully see-through.

She glances at me, then her eyes move downwards, but once I grin Mila turns back around.

"You wanna make some food? Like one of those brownie mixes?" I question and she nods.

I slip out of the kitchen, taking the long way around the halls until I'm at the first storage closet of many that are located in this house. My mom keeps a mint, green, electric mixer in our house although she never uses it.

I find all the pieces connected to it afterwards and make my way back to the kitchen, yet I stop in my tracks before my body makes it through the door way.

My dads voice is conversing with Emilia, talking about god knows what.

"I'm glad you're enjoying the school experience..." He remarks and she just gives a simple 'mhm' back.

"You want to know something funny, to get that brain of yours working?" I peep around the doorway and he's grinning to himself with her standing opposite him, crossed arms as usual.