30 - hide

Vote by clicking the orange star in the bottom left and comment lots to boost the story loveys <3

.....
Mila's Pov

I'm smiling like an idiot as I get ready for the day, it'll be a long one so I use my waterproof mascara and wear slightly smaller heels than usual.

The entire school is engaging in the biggest event of the year, a school wide hide and seek tag game. Five of the most athletic faculty members are the seekers and the rest are standing along the grounds to make sure people stay within the allotted area.

But before that begins after school, Carter and I had some explaining to do. Sooner or later, we have to tell the group about our...situation. And I'd rather tell them today, like ripping off the bandaid.

Georgia texts me that she's ready to be picked up so I lock up my dorm and rush down the stairs.

Avoiding everyone's judgy little looks towards me after the tape is difficult, but manageable. Even head bitch Beatrice looks down at me like I'm a spec of dirt on her stupid clonker shoes.

As soon as I push open the door to leave the building, cameras click in my face. Thankfully, the sunglasses over my face block out my eyes from the world, but I can't hide completely.

Stop. Please. I silently plea, but it's no use. I'm just a pretty face with a scattered reputation to them.

When I finally make it into my car, I flip off one of the guys that had himself pressed against the door, asshole.

It takes me another two minutes to leave my parking stop with people blocking my way, but I do make it out of there eventually

I cant even imagine what Carter would have done to them if he had picked me up, but I insisted on collecting Georgia myself and taking her to the library since we needed to strategize a plan for the game.

Once I pull up to Georgias house, I get out and lean against my pretty car. The car that Carter had given me in November. It sounds stupid to say it now, he literally bought me a car and I thought nothing of it.

I hear shouting from inside but right before I can storm in there myself, G slams the door behind her and avoids my eyes.

"Georg?" I try my best to not look on the side of her face where a deep purple bruise sits on her dark skin. But she doesn't want to talk about it, and I'm not gonna push her on the matter.

So we both get into the car and ignore the issue. She has many plans for our game later, so I let her explain each route and hiding spot across our school for the distraction she desperately needed in that moment.