Are you alright

Everything around me seemed muphled like I was under water.

A voice was heard but they sounded so far away.

I didn't notice anything besides the way my arms wrapped around my knees and my back pressed up against the wall of the cabin. I just couldn't stop thinking. Thinking about her. Even though i only saw for a second I knew, I knew I still loved her.

"Hey" someone said next to me.
I felt light pressure of someone's hand on my knee.
I looked up to meet ontaris dark eyes.
"What?" I asked
"Are you doing ok?" She asked gently.

I shook my head.
"I... I don't know" I said looking down.
I felt her sit next to me.
"You know its alright if you don't know, but you do know that there is a very good chance that they recognized you right" she whispered. Her head resting on my shoulder.
I just nodded staring blankly at the planks on the floor, following the cracks with my eyes.

"Do we know why they were even there" I asked.

"Like I said before, most likely ransom. They are raiders they just want money. But they are dead now. And I haven't gotten any other reports or jobs for us." She said quietly.

"Maybe we can finally find peace" she said looking at the side of my head.

I raised an eyebrow at her.

"Are you trying to suggest something?" I asked.

She sighed.
"I don't know y/n. Weve basically been on our own for years. Don't get me wrong I love you. But Koda is getting older. He needs something stable. To make freinds with kids his own age. Not just his mother and hot ass aunt." She said smirking at the end.

I bumped her shoulder and sighed.

"You want to go back to polis?" I asked not looking at her.

"Not necessarily, we could go anywhere. Just somewhere with a little bit larger population than 3" she said humorously.

I smiled as I gazed at a sleeping Koda.
I knew she was right. As much as I didn't want more problems. I knew this would be best for Koda. I would always do what was best for him.

"Your right, and I know I should see them. I'm just afraid that with all the drama it will cuase I will just shut down again." I said quietly.

"Hey ill be there with you the whole time. Plus you have a cute ass kid to distract them. And besides they don't get to be angry you risked everything for them. If they don't accept your much needed departure we can just go somewhere else." She said grabbing my hand and sqeezing it.

I nodded my head and turned to look at ontari. She turned and looked into my eyes and smiled. I leaned in and kissed her on the forhead before getting up. She held out her hand and I pulled her up.

She raised a eyebrow at me.

I sighed.
"Lets go home"

A short chapter i know. I'm just struggling to figure out where this story is going. I'm think of staring a one shot book. Because I'm coming to relize writing long stories is very hard. If you have any suggestions or anything you would like to see please comment or message me. Thank you.

564 words