The Lantern Festival

It is a warm and windy day. The layer covering the atmosphere had an aura of brightness as the light flickered through it and reached the surface of Earth. The sun, finding its way from horizon to the summit of sky, pierced it's lucid sunlight to the people, which made their faces plastered with an eeire glow, squinting eyes and glittered demeanor. Soft wind creasing the gleeful faces of the disciples. The birds were soaring high with so much zeal and zest that could bring courage to even a derelict for the search of betterment in his life. Hope shining in each of their eyes much more than the sun ever could.

Today is the day where the disciples release sky lanterns to make their wishes come true. Each one with a wish or two in their heart released the lantern in the sky. Sky lanterns painted by each of their colourful imagination decorated the sky. The scene so beautiful that one could possibly be lost within the alluring maze of the lanterns.

"Cure my brother. That all I ever ask and it's all I ever wish for."

"Make me strong enough to distinguish wrong from right"

"Make me kind and humble and help me deal with the changes in my upcoming life"

"I really want to please GeGe. Will you please help me in doing so "

"Make me determined"

"Make me brave enough to fight against unjust and corruption"

" Return HER. Please I beg you. Give me a clue or anything...... It's been too long. End my punishment."

MianMian's excited voice can be heard among the disciples.

"So I heard you are to marry our master. I'm so happy for you"

*Yanli blushes*

"I must say, you are very lucky to find him as a partner. He is such a kind and benevolent person. Now that only the date is to be fixed, how are you feeling? excited, nervous or perhaps giddy? I'm so happy that you will be there with us once our studies are over"

Jin ZiXuan overhears all this marriage talks between MianMian and Yanli. This causes him to walk off in rage.

Wei WuXian seeing this gets angry and wanting justice for breaking Jiang YanLi's heart, follows right after him.

"Jin Zixuan! Wait there you bastard. What is your problem hun! Why did you walk off from there like that"

* Jin Zixuan keeps walking *

"I said stop and answer my questions. Why did you hurt my sister's feelings? "

"Because I don't want to marry your sister. She is a very boring person and I find nothing in her worth wasting my time on"

"How could you, you Asshole. It is you who doesn't deserve her. She is the most kindest and most loyal person ever to be born. If you have so many problem from this weeding, then why don't you call it off. We anyway won't give our precious sister to a worthless man like you"

"I wish I could call off the weeding, but my father is firm. He want me to marry your sister and I'm stuck here in this pitiful situation "

"You.... I'll murder you with my bare hands, you excuse of a human being."

With this a fight breaks out between them. Unknown to them, Yanli and others overhear the exchange. Yanli is heartbroken after hearing all the cruel words of the person she had begin to like.

Jiang Cheng tries to reign in his wrath and steps forward to stop the fight.

"Wei WuXian leave him. He is not worth it"
"No. Today I will beat the shit out of this person. Didn't you hear how low he talked about shijie "
"Wei leave him"
"Wei Gege stop this leave him. He will die. " Huisang tries to pull Wei off Jin Zixuan
"Wei Ying leave him. We should not let our anger dictate our course of action " says the calm voice of Lan Zhan, who hearing all this commotion came to the scene.
"No Lan Zhan not today. Today I won't listen to anyone. He has hurt my sister, I'll avenge her"

Before he could land another punch on Jin Zixuan, the soft yet firm voice of YanLi stops Wei WuXian. No matter how heartbroken YanLi is she needs to stay strong and stop this fight.

"A-Xian stop this now. I'm very tired and I would like to retire to my room. Please stop fighting for me, your shijie "

"But Shijie"
"Please A-Xian" YanLi's voice breaking.

Hearing this , Wei steps away from Jin Zixuan and angrily goes back to the back mountains to cool down the volcano burning in him.

A few moments later he hears the sound of footsteps approaching. His back immediately stiffs and his hand goes to his sword ready for fighting if necessary.