Confusion

When the sudden crumbling of leaves is heard Wei WuXian immediately stiffs and is at his combat position. Just as he was about to strike, he heard a soft yet commanding voice of Lan chunAi's ..

"Young Master Wei I must say what happened outside was not good.  It should not have happen. But fighting is not a solution. Instead it leads to bigger problems."ChunAi speaks softly

"He deserves it. I'm not guilty"

*silence*

"Well it must be my lucky day today as not only the Lan ChunAi has graced me with her presence but also talked to me. I'm truly humbled "

"Talking helps"

"Yes and that's what we are doing. I am sure you have heard a lot of similar things from everyone around you but I say this with the bottom of my heart, you truly are an amazing cultivator"

"..."

"I mean when I first saw you I was truly-"

"You should stop doing that"
"Doing what?" Confused, Wei Ying asks

"Hiding your pain behind your laughter and smile"

It was evening and Wei was yet to move from his place in the back mountain. Wei WuXian was processing what all had happened today and about what Lan ChunAi said to him. Should he open up? Should he finally let go? but won't letting go means loosing hope? Can he afford THAT? No.... He can't do that. It's this hope that is keeping him alive. He can't loose this hope.

He was lost in his thoughts when he heard a sound. Chocked and muffled.

Someone was crying..

Wei knew he shouldn't pry as it is a very vulnerable position nobody wants to be caught in, but he still went in the direction of the voice.

Upon walking a bit deeper in the mountain, he saw a hunched figure sitting on a rock. Upon further inspection , he realised that the figure was a female belonging to the Wen sect.
Wen Qing!? What was she doing here and why was she crying? puzzled Wei thought

He approached her and asked her in a gentle voice
"Wen Guniya are you all right? Can I help you with anything?"

Upon hearing his voice , Wen Qing jerked back and met his inky eyes with her swollen red ones.

"Wei WuXian I don't wish to speak with someone.. please leave me alone" Qing said trying to maintain a hard voice but failing miserably.

"You know what makes me more annoying as a person"

"..."

"It's not my blabber mouth but my lack of morals for when a person wants to be left alone. I simply can not leave people alone. For me it's physically impossible"

"I can see that"

Wei smiled upon getting an answer. Encouraged he started his charade once again.

"There is also the case of the guniya being beautiful in this case which makes it nearly impossible to-"

"Wei WuXian! What do you want from me?" Qing asked angrily

*silence*

"You know just a few hours ago someone told me that opening up helps. If you want to share something, I'm all ears"

"Did you do it?"

"Did I do what?"

"Shared your feelings and thoughts?"

Wei smirks

"Thought so." scoffs Wen Qing.

"My brother has fallen ill once again...."

"Wen Ning?....."

"Yes and it's getting worse day by day. I don't know what to do..... Cursed I am for I, being a doctor myself, can't help my only family."

"Can I help you with anything? We can read more books and together find out cure for Wen Ning. I am sure of that."

"I have read all the books.... there is only one cure and I'm doing all of this for that. But he won't gi-" Wen Qing stops mid-way realising who she is talking with.

"Who won't give you the cure?"

"No one"

"You can trust me. Please tell me so that I can help you. Wen Ning is my friend and I don't want him to suffer"

"I can't"

"You surely can. Just tell me the name"

"it's We-"

"Wen Guniya. The condition of your brother is worsening. Please come fast." Says a Wen Clan disciple

Having heard that Wen Qing jumps up and rushes towards their quarter with Wei Ying hot on her heels.  All Wei could think was who was the person Wen Qing was about to tell him about? And what exactly is she doing to get that cure. He was truly and utterly confused.

On the other hand clan leaders of both the Jiang Clan and Jin Clan are called over the next day.

Having discussed the incident that happened the day prior, the marriage is called off. Jin ZiXuan hearing the news is relieved. But for the life of him he cannot understand why is he not happy. An odd feeling surrounds him that he can't pinpoint. But he is quick to dismiss anything out of the ordinary. YanLi is heartbroken but understands that whatever has happened, has happened for the best.

I need to be brave. People think that I am weak. I have no substance..... Well they will see exactly how strong I am. I don't need a man's pity. I can live on my own very well. My brothers think that while omitting the troubles that is surrounding us, they are protecting me..... that I am ignorant to the darkness that lies ahead of us. They are surely mistaken. I know what is happening and what the future holds and I'm preparing myself for the same. They need to understand that I am the daughter of Yu Ziyuan and I am stronger than they think. I am an asset and not a liability.