The Truth Behind their visit

It was a short distance from Yiling where that the found an abandoned house. When Lan XiChen entered the house rather than moving forward, many of the cultivators in the small group were confused. Jiang Cheng having been briefed about the real matter before by Wei WuXian was surprisingly calm.

"I would first like to apologise to all the people who don't know about the real reason behind this excursion. But do understand, secrecy was highly important. Today we are not here to night hunt but rather to discover some really important information. I would like for you all to please be seated and not ask questions before the person finishes explaining everything."

The curiosity among the group increased. However the small group quickly settled in their places waiting patiently.

"You can start now Wen gūniáng"

Everyone grew silent once Wen Qing came forward.

"As you all know, I am Wen Qing. A disciple of Qishan Wen Sect. Sect Leader Wen RuoHan is my uncle. I have known him all my life. He was the one who raised me and my brother after our parents died in an accident. He was always sweet to us but even then, I knew something was terribly wrong with him. Before Wen RuoHan ascended the throne, my father was the sect leader. Everything was going very peacefully when one day the Heavenly Lady statue in a temple on Mt. Dafan came alive. She was considered as a goddess, In fact she still is.... That day when we got the news of the Statue attacking her worshippers, A-die and A-niáng along with few of our elders went to the mountains to check and control what ever was wrong. Me and A-Ning were scared so we followed them. When we reached there, we emptied the cave as soon as we could but just as my family was going to come out of the cave...... the door to the cave sealed itself. "

Everyone drew a sharp breath. They all knew what was going to happen now

"We were trapped inside. All the elders along with my parents tried to control and break the spell on the Heavenly lady statue but it was as if she was being controlled. I watched all the members of my family being killed one by one that night. Now it was only me and A-Ning left. I hid A-Ning in a small portion in the walls of the cave.

When I was trying to find a safe place for myself, the lady sensed my presence. She was going to attack and I was ready to die, contended with the knowledge that at least My brother was safe. But just as she was about to hit me, A-Ning came in front of me. The statue grabbed him in her hands and was ready to thrown him down. I begged her but she didn't listen. When she was about to throw my brother down, Uncle Wen arrived and saved us. The statue has bee sealed ever since" All this while not once did Wen Qing's voice quavered. All the member present there was in awe of the strong women and her command on her emotions.

"It was from that day onwards that by brother became sensitive to the spirits..... All my life I have seen that incident as an accident but now, now I can't be sure. Soon my uncle became the new Sect Leader and the few of my family that was left behind in the Sect left cultivation. It was too hard for them to do something that eventually killed their own flesh and blood. From their on the Defan Root of the Wen Sect was formed. We were always good with medicines but now our root solely focused on treating people rather than cultivating. "

"After my uncle became the leader, we grew apart. I saw my uncle becoming power hungry day by day until all he wanted was to control the whole world. He is not who he used to be or maybe now that I was grown up I could finally see him for who he really was. He wanted my help in achieving the ultimate control of the cultivation world but I denied. He tried to convince me first but soon realised I would never support him in his evil plans, and hence is using my brother against me ever since"

"You must all be wondering why does the Wens suddenly want to study in cloud recesses right. Well it is due to a task that I am assigned to complete and my prize being the safety and health of my brother. But before I tell you about his plans, I want Jin Gonzi to promise me not to tell this to anyone. Not even your cousin or father. "

"Why should I not inform my father about it. We are one of the biggest sect in the world and surly with his help we can fight Wen Roulan and restore peace again" Said Jin ZiXuan arrogantly

"Peacock why don't you see your father for what he really is. Do you really think once he knows the way to acquire more power he will stop and not use it" Wei WuXian says sarcastically

"Don't you dare call me that name again and what do you mean by that? Are you insulting my father"

"Yes! what do you-"

"Wei Ying" "Wei WuXian"

"Jiang Cheng, Lan Zhan why don't you try to knock some sense in him rather than scolding me"

"We should not fight among ourselves. We are here to solve a problem rather than increasing it." Lan ChunAi says firmly from beside Lan XiChen and Lan Wanji.

Wei Ying finally shuts his mouth up and Lan Xichen begins to speak again

"Young Mater Jin, we don't want to insult anyone here but you know your father better than anyone. It was due to this fact that we called you instead of your father here in this meeting. We have come to know some really disturbing information about your father but do not have any proof against him. Please try to understand the severity of this situation. We need to see that Wen RuoHan doesn't succeed in his plan and make sure no future Wen RuoHan is made "

Jin ZiXuan stays silent for a few moments and then finally nods his head

"Ok! I swear whatever is discussed here will stay with the members present here only."

With this everyone once again turns to Wen Qing to continue

"Do you guys know about the story of The Yin Iron and it's 4 pieces"

Everyone nods

"Well all the 4 major sects of that time had each a piece of Yin Iron. My uncle plans to use resentful energies as well as the power of Yin Iron to make him untouchable and most powerful. He has already acquired the second piece of Yin Iron"

Everyone gasps except the Lans whose gaze hardened

"He has started making corpse out of living and living out of corpse with those pieces and resentful energies. In fact, it is with this power that he has been controlling A-Ning and making him more vulnerable. He sent me here to Gusu to find the 3rd piece of Yin Iron. I have been trying to stall the task but he is growing impatient. We need to make moves fast. I can't openly deflect but I will help you from inside."

"What do you want in return" Nie Husaing speaks for the first time and Wen Qing smiles. She always knew the young master was more than what he shows

"Safety. Safety of my brother and the Defan Wens"