Small issues or something Big?

To say Wei Ying was teased would be an understatement. After constantly asking about the events that took place in the library for an hour, Jiang Cheng was finally able to get the truth out of Wei Wuxian. He couldn't imagine that his brother.... his flirtatious brother was stumped by mere presence of someone. Well it was not just someone..... even he was enchanted by ChunAi's  beauty when he properly saw her in their first class. But Jiang Cheng would never admit it nor would leave such a golden opportunity to tease his brother . And that is exactly what he was doing right now.

"So you saw her enter and you froze"

"Yes A-Cheng for the last time yes...."

"AHhahahahahahahahahahhahh"

"it's not funny "

"I'm sorry but seriously You and ......... ahahahahahhahhhahahah."

"Still not funny"

" Just imagine what the girls of Lotus Pier will think about you...ahahahahhahahhahahahaha"

"Jiang Cheng it's enough, now will you please stop teasing me. It probably was nothing. I was writing for quiet some time and when she entered and my mind went blank. I'm sure it was because I overworked which in return turned my brain fuzzy and nothing else... "

"sure, sure whatever helps you sleep at night " "But seriously The Wei Wuxian, the one who is never intimidated by literally anyone was left stunned by a girl......Ahahahahahahahah"

And it started all over again. By the end of the night, Wei looked so red that he could make lava run for her money. Finally the brother decided to call it a day and slept peacefully. 

On the other side in Songfeng Shuiyue pavilion Lan Wangi, Lan ChunAi, Lan XiChen And Lan Qiren were all sitting together engrossed in a heated discussion.

"Sufu. Since the very first lecture of the Lans, the wen Clan has never sent their disciples here and now out of nor were they have sent a pair of siblings to learn the lan teaching. I'm afraid they have some ulterior motives" said Lan XiChen

"Also why did they sent Wen Ning. Don't you think it's quiet unsetting as he is not of the age to attend the classes" Said Lan Zhan

"I agree Sufu. I have heard news of suspicious activities going on in areas around Gusu. They are definitely up to something. " Said Lan ChunAi

"Yes, this reminds me of my conversation with young master Meng. Apparently it has been chaotic around the Bùjìng Shì too with puppets and violence. The general public is becoming quite distressed and fearsome." 

"I understand all of your concerns but whoever comes here to study, they are our guest. No matter what their intentions are we need to treat them with due respect. Having said that I want you all to beware of them. Keep a close eye on them."

"You are right Sufu" all the 3 said in unison.

"XiChen you still have worries"

"Yes Sufu. I was thinking the wen clan can channel fire and those puppets....Are there any connections?"

After few minutes of silence Lan Qiren finally spoke

"Ever since Clan Leader Wen became His Excellency, their behavior is getting more and more suspicious. Their resident, the Nightless City, is like a city with countless guests and retainers. In recent years, they are getting out of control and are bullying the weak. If the spirit-talking incidents are connected to his Excellency, I'm afraid It'll be something that we four alone cannot handle "

"For now let's be all  ears. Now go we have a long day tomorrow."

Later that night when Lan Xichen was going towards his room after the discussion with Lan Qiren, he was approached by Meng Yao

"Clan Leader Lan"

"Young Master Meng. How are you. It's quiet late at night, shouldn't you be in your quarters resting?"

"I'm fine thank you. Actually I meant to bid you farewell hence I was waiting for you here"

"Farewell?"

Meng nodded

"Why not stay here for a few more days before departing?"

" Clan Leader Lan I'm just a guest of the Nie Clan, not a disciple sir. I am thankful for your hospitality but it won't be appropriate for me to stay any longer. Also Nie Mingjue has called me back immediately, as you know about the commotion in the areas near the Nie Clan, it needs to be looked after immediately. "

"If this is the case, then I can't hold you back but it's midnight at least wait till daybreak "

"I am afraid I can not stay any longer than I already have" 

Taking a step forward Lan Xichen Said "Young Master Meng, Clan Leader Nie is frank and forthright . He knows how to punish or reward. if there is anyone with great contribution, he will treat him fairly."

" I'll remember your words. Thanks a lot for your help earlier at the Salute Ceremony " Meng said smiling understanding his advice and deeply bowed to show his respect.

" It's alright, we are peers after all no need to thank me like this."

"Please forgive me for leaving like this." giving Lan Xichen a last smile Meng Yao left gusu but Lan Xichen didn't miss the longing in Meng's eyes when he (Meng Yao) saw to disciple walking before him.

 Lan Xichen felt bad for Meng and wished for him that he too could study and be respected like the rest of them.

Hope you are liking the story so far. What could be that the Wen wants. On a scale of 1-10, what do you think how much red had wei wuxian gotten? Also was it due to embarrassment or was he blushing? Don't forget to comment and vote. Until the next time ciao.

♡Zin~