27: The Beginning

"I grew up hating my own family," Jealrain stated, sighing. "I didn't know if I was lost when no one even looked for me—" her voice trailed off. "I was trapped in the past for long years. It was my choice to stay there—to stay in pain and anger—because that was where my memories with my mother lived. I believe that as long as I feel those emotions, I can carry on with my life." She forced a smile. "I did though... But with my emotions filling up my system... I had forgotten how Kyler combed my hair since we were little. I forgot how Ari danced when I was crying and how my Dad—a man who's an expert at fighting—tried to make his own sugarplums for me. Thank you for being patient with me." Then she looked at me. "To you... Your love thought me how to forgive. You were lost and yet you found me. Thank you for existing, Ren."

When Rain finished her speech, I gave her a kiss on her cheek before I stood up. I took a deep breath, smiling to them. "Thank you for accepting me," I said while we were making a toast. I could see their warm gaze on me while they were raising their glasses then I looked at Rain. My heart was throbbing. "It took me almost thirty years to find you. What took you so long?" I forced a smile, looking down as I got teary eyed.

I heard her laugh then mouthed, I love you.

"I want to spend the rest of my life with all of you," I added. "I've been flying with airplanes my whole life and now, I just want to go fishing with you guys until we grow old. No words can explain how much I'm grateful to be part of the Forrester and Martinez clan."

"Cheers!"

We resumed our conversation while we were eating. The island was huge. Rain and I were surprised when Dad already prepared everything when we arrived here. There were food, lights and candles. Dad even prepared two bouquets of flowers for both of us.

"Do you want to go fishing later?" Dad suddenly asked while he was cutting his medium well steak.

"I'd love that," Kyler replied.

"Ako rin!" Ari smiled.

"Sama ako," sagot ko.

"Of course, you're coming with us, son."

Napangiti ako. Ang sarap talaga sa pakiramdam na tinuturing niya na rin ako bilang anak niya. Ilang oras din kaming nag-ku-kwentuhan bago namin napagdesisyunang magpahinga.

Nang makarating ako sa kwarto namin ni Rain ay saka ko napansin ang aking cellphone at kinuha 'yon. Kapag kasama ko sila at kapag nandito ako sa isla ay nakakalimutan ko nang gumamit ng cellphone. Lahat naman kasi ng kailangan ko ay nasa harapan ko na. Napangiti ako nang makita si Rain sa harapan ko habang nagbibihis.

Siya.

Siya ang kailangan ko sa araw-araw dahil mahal na mahal ko siya.

It was and always be her.

"Mag cellphone ka na, Ren." She chuckled. "You have a lifetime to stare at me." Nilapitan niya ako at hinalikan sa labi. "For sure, marami ang bumabati sa 'yo ngayon kaya mag cellphone ka na. Hindi pwedeng kalimutan mo ang pamilya at mga kaibigan mo dahil sa amin, okay?"

I slowly nodded. "Thank you, love."

"Happy birthday, Ren."

I frowned. "Ren lang tawag mo sa 'kin?"

"Eh, hindi ako sanay..." She looked away then she blushed.

"It's okay. I'm just joking!" I laughed. "Happy birthday, love."

She looked at me with her red cheeks. "Thank you." She gulped. "I love you, l-love." Then she hurriedly walked away and left me dumbfounded.

I gasped then chuckled afterwards. Hindi mawala-wala ang ngiti ko habang inuulit-ulit ng utak ko ang sinabi niya. Napahiga ako sa kama at nakatingin sa kisame habang mahinang umiiling-iling. Sobrang gaan ng aking pakiramdam saka ko ipinikit ang aking mga mata. Sigurado akong hindi siya babalik dito hangga't hindi pa ako tulog. Alam kong nahihiya siya.