Average Day

It was the average day for Taylor. Get up, eat breakfast, do chores, and make sure the farm is running while her parents are away for their anniversary. Her little brother Danny was making sure the chickens got their food and played with Loki, their dog. At lunch the two decided to watch some tv while they ate. "What do you wanna watch bud?" Her brother answered as if he was on a sugar high. "Lego Monkie Kid!" "Ok, settle down little man," she ruffled his hair a bit before turning the show on for him. And went back outside to get her horse ready for a little practice. In the barn there were around four horses, two mares and two stallions. The first horse she passed was a dark brown quarter stallion. The name written above his stall was Hershey, and he was her mother's. The second horse she passed was a chestnut pinto mare. The name above her stall was Bean, she was her father's. The next mare was a beautiful mustangs with a pure white coat. The name above her stall was Artemis, and she was the horse her brother is to learn to ride. The final stallion was a gorgeous shire. His black and white coat was shiny even in the barn. His name was Goliath. He may be a large horse with the name of a biblical villain, but he was a large softy. Heck he even let the barn cat, Odin, sleep on his back in winter and summer. And loved keeping his owner company while she was reading. She grabbed his reins and debated if she should ride bareback or with a saddle. After putting the reins on the large horse, she decided to ride without the saddle. She opened the gate to the stall and found and old chocolate brown cat sleeping on the horse again. Odin opened both his good eye and blind one, and yawned from being woken up. "Odin, you silly cat. Come on, you should be chasing some of the mice in here." She picked up the senior cat and placed him on some hay bails. He fell back asleep, and Taylor shook her head at the cat's laziness. The war horse and the small teen walked out of the barn and to a fenced area for riding practice. "Ready Goliath?" The horse nuzzles her head as if saying yes. She opened the gate and mounted the stallion, she may have seemed small on the horse, but she rode it with confidence. The two did jumps, laps, and even played tag when the girl got off him. "Let's see your shoes bud, gotta make sure nothing's in them," she checked his hooves for any rocks or anything that could cause the horse discomfort, like she did the others. The sun was starting to set so she took her horse back to his stall and bid him goodnight before heading to the house.