Chapter Four: The Dark Abyss of Lies

Kirill was a master texter

He never took more than five minutes to text back, and he frequently sent me memes just as I did him. He also provided cat pictures at my request, and I had found out many, many things about him after we played twenty one questions until midnight. Although it wasn't twenty one questions, it was somewhere in the hundreds.

He had many hobbies. Painting, video games, chess, and he was always busy making things with clay. On one of those spinny things.

He sent me a video of him doing just that one day. It was late, around eleven at night. An she took fifteen minutes to text back and then sent me that. It nearly made me go into cardiac arrest.

Him sitting spread legged with the spinning thing between his legs. He had a pair of dark washed blue jeans on, white vest. The video started off with him taking a yellow sponge from a water container and then it started to spin, and he squeezed out water from the sponge before tossing it back into the water.

Then he wet two fingers properly and pressed them into the clay, making a hole.

And when he accidently fucked up the vase, he crushed it completely and he said, "Fuck me." before the camera cut off.

I had memorized the video every chance I got.

Kirill had a younger sister.

Kirill was Russian but he hated it, and his mom was British and French. Kirill was a blackbelt in many, many things.

Kirill was an extremely wealthy business man.

We hadn't spoken much today, and although he sent me a very detailed message this morning-

Hottie: Good morning, doll face. I apologise beforehand if I'm missing today, meeting clients. I understand you don't have classes today? If that's the case, expect a call from me later tonight. Have an okay day.

- I was sad. And I wanted to see him for the first time in a week. He called me at midnight on Sunday and told me he was getting on a plane and that he'd be back in a week, and it weighed me down the entire week.

But at least I had something to look after tonight, something that could possibly get my mind off him for a while.

Jade and I were going out and I was late already, but I knew Jade would be too so I was taking my time getting ready. Admittedly, I kept my phone close to me and on the highest volume, definitely, absolutely not waiting for a call from him.

But when my phone rang in my bedroom whilst I was brushing my teeth, I practically turned into The Flash and was there before the ringtone went off a second time.

"Hi,"

"Doll face,"

I felt my cheeks heat up, "How was work?" I asked him, embarrassed by the shake in my voice. There was a deep sigh on the other end.