Chapter Twelve: Daughter Of God Likes The Taste of The Devil

The air was cold and crisp today, there hung a thick grey cloud over London

The air was cold and crisp today, there hung a thick grey cloud over London. Everyone was snuggled up in large, warm coats and scarves. I tugged at my black skirt and stared down at my boots and sheer tights, ignoring the conversation my mother was currently in. She's force me to stand with her and listen to the superficial conversation between her and Amanda Daniels.

The familiar and beloved rumble of the matte black Ferrari caught my attention, and I snapped my head up so fast it surely should've broken my neck.

I, along with everyone else, watched in complete awe of the man climbing out of the car. He wore a black turtleneck today, a matching black coat hung over his wide shoulders and down to his knees. His muscular legs were adorned with perfectly fitted dark trousers, and the usual gold and silver jewellery glimmered in the delicate sunshine from above.

He smoothed a hand over his dark, inky hair before he gentle tossed his hair back, and tied up the strands with a black hair tie. He pulled the sunglasses from his face, the snarl in his brows told me that he was having one of his days.

My father joined his side and they joined in on a short conversation, the undeniable glint in his eye as they fluttered in my direction nearly knocked the air from my lungs.

My father walked past me, and he followed suit.

His eyes held my gaze, a heated, short moment shared between us. He broke the eye contact with a lopsided smile, and bowed his head as he stepped past me and into the church. My stomach awaken with butterflies, and I bit down on my bottom lip in an attempt to stifle my embarrassed smile.

Mrs Daniels let out a exhilarated sigh, "I hadn't seen a man look like that in a long time," she gushed, and my mother merely gave her a short laugh before her eyes fell to me, the warning clear in them.

I bowed my head and smiled.

He was the first thing I noticed when I walked into the building. He was sitting in the third last row, and arms on top of an empty spot, his shoulders relaxed, and his jaw tilted to the sky as he stared up at the decorated ceiling.

"Hi," I whispered, and his eyes snapped to me before they gentled, and he smiled, "Good morning, my darling. Sit?"

I nodded my head as my cheeks flushed, but before I could take the seat next to him, a cold, unwanted hand clamped around my forearm. My head turned to reveal my mother staring at me with wide eyes, "Come sit with me."

I parted my lips to speak, yet her interruption was immediate, and embarrassing, "Now, Dream." she said between gritted teeth, and I knew the feral gaze in her eyes would result in her making a scene if I disobeyed her.

Turning my head towards Kirill, his eyes were filled with deep, burning venom as he stared past me. My mothers grip tightened and I winced before I pulled my hand from her grip, and shoved my way past her.