Chapter Twenty Three: The End is Near

A looming pair of bright blue eyes were trained on his own face in the mirror

A looming pair of bright blue eyes were trained on his own face in the mirror. Slightly thick, black string held the previously parted skin on his eyebrow now together as he looped the curved needle through his pale skin. 

My lips parted as I exhaled a deep, long held breath. I wrung my hands together anxiously as I watched the man through the mirror. His naked skin glistened with shiny droplets of water as he bent closer to the mirror at the hips. 

His hair was short and as black as ink. 

And his smile was far too familiar for me to see the beauty in it. 

"How's it going?" I asked, and was rewarded by a shrug of his broad shoulders. I exhaled again, "that's not really an answer, sir. Do you need anything? More gauze?"

The man, terrifying and large, huffed out a laugh, "No, Dream. I'm almost done,"

I nodded absently as I fiddled with my nails in tense anticipation. I needed him to get done quicker, for I had absolutely no idea when Kirill would be getting home. And I would prefer not to have him here whilst another man, half naked and grinning, stood in front of me. 

"Why are you so pale?" he suddenly asked, and I fought deep within my body not to be slightly offended. I waved him off as I started packing up the first aid kit. A tattooed had dropped the needle into the kit just as I closed it, and then I finally looked up at him, "Well, because-"

The familiar, deep drumming of a two wheel bike interrupted me, and my heart dropped to the marble floor below me and shattered. 

"Put your clothes on," I snipped out, and turned on my heel. I tossed the black shirt I had lent from Kirill's closet at him, and had no time to giggle at how it didn't properly fit him. 

Then, I heard the beeping of the numbers. My feet stopped just above the stairs, and I felt a dreading, heavy cloud settle on my shoulders as I heard him enter the house. First, i heard him mutter something in his mother tongue, then heard him toss his keys onto the counter and slam the door closed. 

Kirill was in a terrible, terrible mood. 

Because usually, when he's not, he'd call out for me first. 

Oh, shit. 

A soft clearing of a throat behind me snapped me back, and I felt the blood within my veins turn to ice water. I spun around, "Wait here," I whispered at him, sternly. Yet he merely raised his brows and his lips twisted into a smile, and I glared at him before I turned back around, and gathered myself.

I trailed down the stairs, first noticing him tossing his suit jacket off, running his hands through his hair and huffing out a deep, vibrating sigh. 

"Hi," I watched him turn sharply, and then immediately soften his expression. His taut brows relaxed and fell to their natural state, and the plump lips parted and tugged into a grin. 

"Hello, my pretty girl," he said, slowly and warmly. His arms melted over my shoulders and he pulled me into his chest, the cologne I adored enclosed us into a perfect smelling bubble, that he broke as he brought my chin up with his finger, and closed the distance between us with a soft, delicate kiss that absolutely wrecked my heart. 

I pulled away, and was rewarded with one of his cartoon level frowns. 

"I have something to tell you," I said, and he noticed the panic in my voice at the same time I noticed it. "What happened?" he demanded, his eyes swimming over my exposed skin, checking for any sign that would motivate him to go on a killing-bender tonight. 

That was not out of the question, though. 

I cleared my throat and opened my mouth to start explaining, but it all happened so fats. 

Firstly, cold eyes froze over as he slowly turned his head, so slow it looked terrifying. Then, his eyes found the passing black figure atop the stairs. His hand closed around the black gun behind his trousers, and he lifted his arm and aimed. 

"Dream, get behind me," he whispered, his voice thick with rage. 

I shook my head, unable to speak thanks to the hands grabbing at me in my head, and panic swelling in the well of my throat. I enclosed my hand around his wrist, feeling the fervent beating of his pule under my thumb, and tugged. 

A silent plea for him to please, notice me. 

Blue eyes found mine instantly, and his warm hand cupped my cheek, "No, no," his voice rung like a church bell in my ears, "breathe, darling. You're okay, hm? He can't hurt you, baby," he smoothed the hair from my face, and I shook my head as my hand lifelessly motioned to the stairs. 

"A friend?" he questioned, and at my nod, his gun clattered to the floor and both hands tilted my face up to him, "shh, shh," he whispered, and took my clenching hand from my side and put it on his warm, hard chest. 

"God, what have you done to her?"

The immediate rigidness that touched the body of Kirill would have gotten him mistaken for a statue. I felt him exhale a shaky, slow breath against my forehead, and then his eyes snapped up and his glare would've made the devil himself crawl into a corner and whine in fear. 

"Oh, don't look at me like that, Kirill," the voice came from behind me, and then I heard the click-clacking of a lighter. Like the hooves of death coming to reap souls. The mere presence behind me sent chills down my back, and the man before me looked nothing but thirsty for blood. 

Kirill straightened his back, and dropped his hands from my face, and suddenly, it was freezing in the foyer.

Simply because Kirill regarded me with the same look he gives the men who work below him. 

I've fucked up. 

Terribly

x X x

HELLO??? 

omg. i am so sorry for literally falling over the face of the earth, and for this somewhat shitty filler chapter, and for the next few chapters. pls dont hate me. pls. 

WHAT DID YOU THINK ABOUT THIS CHAPTER??? thoughts, speculations, conclusions, guesses???? ANYTHING PLS. talk to me i miss you guys ;(

all my love

delida