Chapter Seven: Headaches & Lectures

The searing pain that moved through the back of my eyes and my head once I regained consciousness was enough reason for me roll over and fall back asleep

The searing pain that moved through the back of my eyes and my head once I regained consciousness was enough reason for me roll over and fall back asleep. But I couldn't.

I couldn't because I was being watched.

Eyes a lighter, fainter shade of navy bore into my own, the straight, clenched line of an annoyed jaw ticked. Shoulders broad and naked, detailed, intricate black ink collected over many years of his life lay in front of me like a map, waiting for me to explore.

Torso lean and legs spread wide, he sat on a reading chair at the corner of the massive king sized bed I lay in. The silk beneath my body was warm and of the blackest shades I had ever seen. My eyes throbbed as I looked around the room, the unfamiliar space around me.

I brought my eyes back to his, the slight crease between dark brows told me that Kirill was on fire in the inside. He was a ball of active rage, the silent, frightening state of the man sitting in front of me brought panic rising back to the pit of my stomach.

"Where am I?" I whispered, sitting up on one forearm and using the other hand to protect my body from the chilly air in the room. He didn't answer me, he simply just brought the mug of coffee he was holding to his mouth, keeping my frightened gaze as he took a sip.

And then he slowly rose from his seat, pushing the air from my lungs as he bent towards me, his eyes on fire and his arm reached ad put the mug on the nightstand with a too-loud clank. I pried my eyes away from his, noticing the coffee in the mug dark and slightly steamy.

"I want you downstairs in ten minutes. Understood?"

His voice had dropped an alarming amount of octaves, the noise a low, deep growl against my ears. I nodded my head as I looked up at him, and he pushed himself from the mattress and turned his wide back towards me, a pair of well ironed black slacks sitting low and perfect on his hips.

The bedroom door shut behind him with a bang, and I looked down, noticing my hands covered by soft, light blue fabric. I threw my legs open, my jaw slacking at my fabulous that was literally just a blue sweater.

I stood to my feet, my head feeling about a million times heavier and I took the coffee from the nightstand, walking past a high mirror made me pause, and a deep, burning blush coated my cheeks.

I was dressed in a light blue sweater and white socks that came up to my calves, and my hair was as it usually was; tangled and messy. But my face was free from the makeup from last night, and the thought that Kirill took my makeup off last night made me shove my face in my hands.

I assumed the door in the corner of his room was his ensuite, and I was right. I stepped into the large room, almost the size of my bedroom and kitchen combined back home. A red something caught my eye, it lay folded neatly on the counter of the sink, and I spotted an unopened toothbrush,

The red something was a dress.

It had tiny, white flowers detailed onto it, and it was short and oh-so pretty.