Chapter Six: Business Studies & Little White Bags

TRIGGER WARNING: DRUG USE

I held a café coffee cup close to my chest as I walked, the cold nipped angrily at my cheeks and exposed legs, the knee high socks doing nothing to hide my skin from the London weather.

Although my apartment was literally across the street from college, and there was coffee in the breakrooms, I was determined to get to the café for my special coffee, strong enough to wake a dead horse. I rushed across the street, already ten minutes late for my first class.

The university doors slammed shut behind me and my Doc Martens squeaked over the polished floor, and my hair whipped behind me as I jogged to my class.

Having business studies at nine in the morning on a Monday proved to be the thing that would cause me to go home and miss the rest of my classes today. I walked into the lecture hall, and it was already half full and I slipped into an open desk at the back. Our professor had a projector set up, yet he wasn't at his usual spot in front of the class.

I was in the process of a heated meme battle with Jade whilst she was in her Literature class, when the door to Professor Martin's office opened, and he walked out with his sweater vest and too big glasses.

"Good morning," his voice echoed around me, and I brought my phone down to my lap and continued to win the battle inconspicuously. He was talking about some business man that would be here in a moment to talk to us about business...or something. In the meanwhile, we had to page to page fifty in our books.

But I was already bored and my GPA was good enough for me to not be present in class. Yet I came, and it was useless but I was doing anything to get my mind from running back to pearly eyes and pretty hands. I didn't have the energy to deal with his face in my head. Much less in front of me.

So it was only by God's will that he appeared right fucking in front of me.

I was in the process of taking a sip of my coffee when I looked up, and the very first thing I noticed was that he wasn't dressed in all black today.

No, instead he was in the most casual fucking clothes ever.

Holy Fuck.

I silently choked on my coffee, my heart literally feeling like it was going to burst through my chest and sweep into his. I looked down at my shaking hands, at the phone going blurry in my lap. His voice rung deafly in my ears as he introduced himself to the class, and I kept my head bowed, because I was going to start crying in a second. I could already fucking feel it.

I tried to calm my breathing like Alison taught me to a week and a half ago. In through the nose, out through the mouth, hold. Repeat until I didn't feel like throwing up anymore.

Gripping the edge of my chair, I stared at my shoes until they weren't blurry anymore. The heat slowly started moving down from my head and I could hear again, yet I didn't actually want to.