Chapter Twenty Seven: Kirill?

The gross taste of blood lay flatly on my tongue

The gross taste of blood lay flatly on my tongue. My head throbbed violently whenever I moved a single part of my body. I lifted my head, tried to peel my eyes open, but it was as futile as counting sheep to sleep. 

I sighed through my nose as I parted my lips, dropped my head forward again and felt strings of thick blood and spit mixed together drip down from my bottom lip. I made a sound of discomfort as I felt zip ties cut sharply into my wrists, preventing me from moving my hands even the tiniest amount. 

And then fear, as bright as daylight captured my mind and chest, setting both of them on fire. I felt my hands start to shake, cold chills broke over my exposed arms and legs, and I realised just then how exposed I was. 

I was simply wearing a shirt. Only. 

I had the sudden urge to cover myself, yet there was no possible way for me to do that. I couldn't move my legs, arms, head even. My head felt heavy, as if there was something weighing it down. 

Someone had slipped me something. I remember now. 

The maid had brought me dinner and a painkiller after I told her I had an awful headache. She gave me an odd looking pill, and told me it was a Russian painkiller. So, I swallowed it with some orange juice.

And now I can't remember what happened after that. 

I groaned as a chilly waft of air came from somewhere and cascaded over my bare knees. I shivered, opening my mouth to tell someone- anyone to shut the door because I was so cold, yet all that came out was another groan, and then a whimper as I felt soft, cold fingers touch my shoulder. 

I jolted away from the touch I had come to recognise. I heard him sigh, and then footsteps retreat. I exhaled a relieved sigh, but then heard it. 

And my heart started hammering violently in my ears. 

A deep, raspy groan. 

Oh, god. Oh, god, no. Please. 

"Fuck me," the familiar voice groaned again, "knocking me out was a bit excessive, don't you think?"

Kirill?

My stiff neck muscles pulled and tugged as I forced my head to look up. I peeled my eyes open, blinking at the rusted ceiling for a while until I could see it clearer. "Can't be too sure with you, Kirill,"

My head whipped forward so fast that pain rippled through my spine, but I didn't care. My heart screeched to a crashed halt against my ribs, and tears immediately found my waterline. My overgrown nails dug into the skin of my palm as my lips parted, and my bottom lip trembled. 

"No," I whispered, "no, no, no,"

There he sat. With his long, luscious black hair pulled into a bun behind his head. And his white button down covered in red, thick blood. There he sat, with his long, muscular legs spread and thick arms pulled back and held together by zip ties.