Chapter 17×

Not edited

"Awww. Look at my little princess." Your mom smiled gracefully at you. "Are you ready for breakfast?" Despite being just ten years old, your mom still proceeded to lift you up from your bed, a smile still being pressed on her face.

"I'm so hungry! I've been waiting all day!"

"You're so dramatic, my love. Let's get going."

--------

"And then, and then, my mom said she would take me to this one thing later on today! She said something about taking her place with the most important title."

"Hm." Elith listened closely to your story.

"Oh really? Ugh! Lucky!" Zeldin whined with a soft smile.

"Perhaps you're becoming a demon lord?"

"A what now?" You tilted your head in confusion.

"I overheard queen Melda talking about it. I'm not too positive though."

"Eh. It's probably just a scary job then. With the word 'demon' in it, I'm not surprised." Zeldin shrugged his shoulders with a faint scared look. Y/N only gulped silently to herself.

"Don't worry. Even if you do become whatever that is, we'll still be friends with you." Elith placed her little hand on her friend's shoulder, giving the girl just a little bit of comfort.

"Thanks, Elith."

-----------

"Y/N? Will you come out of your room please? It's been almost a week. I'm not sure if you've eaten yet." Elith can be heard from outside your door. A sad tune can clearly be decipher from her voice, but you refused to acknowledge her.

"If you don't, I'll eat all your food!" Elith elbowed Zeldin on the arm for the statement he made. "Ow. I thought it'll at least help." He tried easing the pain that was on his arm.

"If you won't come out, then we understan-" The door to your bedroom finally opened. Elith and Zeldin eyes widen at the form of your state.

You had dark bags under your eyes. Your clothes wasn't sitting well on your body and your hair was just a bird's nest.

"Um.. Are you okay, Y/N?" Zeldin hesitantly questioned.

"I-I killed them." You muttered quietly. Almost as if you were talking to yourself.

"Killed who?" Elith softly questioned.

"I killed them." You repeated. "Ten thousand of them."

Though Elith and Zeldin didn't know what you were talking about, they proceed to give you a big hug, hoping it'll at least ease the pain you were feeling inside.

********

"So you're telling me you were almost ten years old when you became a demon lord?" Rimuru eyes widen at your story.

"Yeah. Mother had me killed almost eleven thousand of my people just so I can take her place as a demon lord." You sighed. You took a piece of your cookie before continuing. "I thought if I stayed a demon lord, my mom would be proud, but.." You paused for a moment. "She was never there. She disappeared as soon as I became a demon lord. I quit at the age of thirteen though." You finished. You waited for your husband response.

"So you don't know where she is?"

You shook your head. "No."

"Are you planning on finding her?"

"Hmm.. I'm not too sure yet. I don't want to look for a person who willingly left me to fend for myself, but I also want to know why she left. I just assumed she left because so much pressure was thrown onto her, but it could be more to that."

"I see," Rimuru nodded his head. "Then I promise, as your husband and as my wife, we'll find her together." He smiled. "You've been along on my journey, now it's time for me to go on yours. We promise to fight by each other's side right?"

"Yeah."

"Then this should be a piece of cake."

"I would love some cake."

"Seriously, Y/N?" Rimuru sweat drop.

Don't mind me. I'll probably forget the name of your mother in a second.