Chapter 35×

Not edited

The children were resting peacefully on Ranga. You sat yourself down on the ground and watched as Rimuru made the fairy her own golem. It was nice to finally rest after a long day of stress and standing up around. You definitely needed that after being the cheerleader the children never needed.

"And done." Rimuru spoke after completing his promised gift to Ramiris.

"Looking good." You smiled, giving your husband a thumbs up.

"Thanks, Y/N." He replied back with a reciprocating smile. You stared up at the ceiling as Rimuru and Ramiris began speaking about the golem he made. While they were talking, your mind was wondering about many things.

»
That kiss...
»

"Oh, gosh." You frowned. "It isn't like it was actually real..."

»
Although she was a spirit, it technically was real.
»

"Have he kissed many others before me?" What were you thinking? Rimuru is a handsome man, of course he kissed many women before. He probably said he loved them, too.

»
Ughhh. Just shut up already.
»

"Just sleep it of, Y/N. No need to think like this all the time. Just sleep it off."

And just as you told yourself,  you decided to rest on Ranga's fluffy, body,  trying your best to let go of the thoughts.

🔸🔹▪️

"Y/N... Y/N.." Rimuru shook your body. "Y/N.."

"Perhaps we should allow her to sleep more, master Rimuru."

"We have to get going. I don't want to overstay our welcome." Rimuru shook you one more time.

"Ugh.. My honey can't stop running." You groggily sat up from Ranga's stomach,  rubbing your eyes as you looked around the place. "Wait.. Where am I?"

"We're still here, Y/N." Rimuru chuckled. "We're leaving." Your husband outstretched his had for you to take,  which you did, and pulled you up from you spot.

"Sorry about that, Ranga," You patted the wolf on his head.

"No need to worry, Ms. Y/N."

"Come on. Everyone is waiting outside the building." Walking hand-in-hand, you both made your way outside where the kids and Ramiris stood, as well as her new golem.

"Keeping watch on her won't be an easy Job, Baretta." Your husband spoke to the golem as stood behind the kids.

"Huh? What do you mean?" Ramiris growled.

"Rest assured. I swear by this body I will see this duty done." Baretta answered, giving the blue head a nod.

"Oh! Before we go, I'd like to speak with Ramiris." You looked at Rimuru for his approval.

"Uh.. Yeah. Sure." You smiled at his hesitant answer as you motioned for the small fairy to follow.

You both weren't too far from the others, just far enough so they don't hear you guy's conversation.

"What is it you want, princess?"

"I'm actually queen now."

"Right. Queen. Since you're married to that twat." She folded her arms in annoyance. Just the thought of Rimuru made her want to ouch a wall.

"Rimuru isn't as bad as you make him to be." You chuckled. "But uh.. I wanted to ask you something."

"What is it?"

"As a demon lord, I'm sure you've met many demon lords yourself." You started.

"Hm.. I guess? Why do you ask?"

"Well,  uh.. Have you ever met an ex-demon lord name Melda?"

"Hmmm?" Ramiris placed a hand on her chin as she tried to remember the name you gave her. "I don't think so." She stared back at you.

"Oh.. Well.. Uh.. Thanks for your answer. Means a lot." You smiled. "I think we should head back before they become worried." Ramiris could only stare at your back as you began making your way to everyone else.