Chapter 51×

Not edited

"Y/N. What are you doing here so late at night?"

Hours has gone by since the meeting was last held and Rimuru haven't seen you since then.

He never thought you'd be at the garden where you both had your first date. He thought you would've been next to Elith's body, like you would be all the time when you're depress.

The man placed the lantern he had in his hand on the ground and sat next to you.

"How.. Are you feeling?" It was gamble asking the question. Many answers would've came out of your mouth, and many emotions would've been seen through yours eyes. But you held it today. Being angry wouldn't solve anything.

"I'm.. Doing fine. I'm trying.. To hold it together." You breathed out. Your head was placed in your folded arms that was placed on your knees, which was glued rather closely to your chest.

"I'm sorry that... Mjurran isn't dead." You stayed silent. "I know how much you wanted to kill her.. But.. I just thought it was best if we didn't." He sighed. "She was doing this against her will... I didn't want to kill her for something she was forced to do." Rimuru stayed quiet as he nervously waited for you to speak.

"Rimuru," The man flinched. Your voice was soft, but it held a lot of power. "Are we.. Still meant to be?"

"Wh-What? Why are you asking that? Of course we are!" He answered in a panic. What were you suggesting with this question? "Remember when I said I felt a connection with you? Somehow, someway, I need you by my side. And you need me by yours." Rimuru's voice was growing raspy as he tried his best to not show how anxious he was.

"I.. I don't know." You unfolded your arms and lifted your head to stare up at the sky. "Perhaps... Somethings aren't meant to stay together."

"Y/N.." He furrowed his eyebrows. "You're only saying all of this because you're sad... I don't want you to go."

"Rimuru..." You ignored his words. "I have a question."

"What.. What is it?"

"What makes you think that humans from your past life are the same in this one?"

He sat there silently.

"Cause last time I checked, this is a world of monsters. You're a monster, Rimuru." The man flinched a bit. "I'm a monster. Humans don't see us as equal. Elith, and everyone else, probably would've survived if that rule you placed on them wasn't there." You began standing up, but your husband took a hold of your arm.

"Y/N, let me make it to you."

"How?" You removed your arm from his grip. "It's possible that they'd possibly be alive once we've done the deed to revive them.. But.." You stared into his eyes. "How can you make it to me from the time they were dead?" It was silent. A silent that both partners weren't use to.
"I'll see you at home." Rimuru watched as your body slowly disappeared from his sight.

🔸🔹▪️

Honestly, sorry I took so long to post this. I knew what I wanted for the chapter, but I didn't know how I wanted to go about it. This is literally my third try🥴 I wasn't sure how wanted the tone to be or if I wanted to add Elith past. I don't know. At least I'm done for the chapter. Whew😪