[19] Dress shopping

"if it makes you happy, it's not a waste of time"

⋆✧⋆✧⋆

"Jemma, are you ready?" I ask through the curtain of the dressing room.

"Yeah, give me one second," she responds flustered. "Never mind, I'm not ready. I need your help."

I let out a small laugh at her surrender and help her zip the dress up.

The girls and I are dress shopping for Chase's banquet. It's this dance and dinner for the football team and their family and friends. Chase managed to get 4 tickets for our family; my mom, my dad, me, and Jemma.

Jemma and I are here to get dresses for later this weekend and the rest of our friends came to help us decide.

I smooth out her golden hair and take a look at her; the light pink dress flows down a few inches below her knee. The neckline is a square cut and the straps tie into small bows resting on her shoulders. The shade perfectly complements her soft features and glowing smile.

"Jemma, you look incredible."

"Thank you, Dell."

I shine her a sugary smile and open to curtain for the rest of the girls to see her.

"Holy fuck," Harper starts.

"Yeah, holy fuck," Aspen just restates her thoughts.

"I think they both mean to say you look beautiful and this is definitely the dress," Beth chuckles.

Harper and Aspen just nod their heads and I can't help but beam at my amazing friends.

"Thanks, I love you guys," Jemma says with a blush coating her cheeks.

"Chase's jaw is going to be on the floor," Harper points out.

I internally agree but then I think about what she means. Somehow, throughout the last however many years, it didn't really occur to me that Chase could ever like her. Not because anything is wrong with Jemma, obviously, but just because they always had a rocky and basically non-existent relationship. Up until the last few months, I guess.

I try and imagine it; Jemma and Chase. At first, it freaks me out. But then it starts to make sense; them together. As much as the two of them bicker, I know they care about each other, and they have lots in common. Of course, I'd be cautious considering it's my best friend and brother and if they ended on poor terms I'm not sure what would happen. Yet, I actually think I'd be okay with it - more than okay if it worked out - I just hope they'd think to let me know.

I snap myself out of my thoughts considering this is just me over-analyzing and I refocus my attention on the dress racks in front of me. 

I find a dark emerald green dress and walk into the change room to try it on.