[25] I brought the bat

"love makes the shy brave and the brave shy

"love makes the shy brave and the brave shy."

⋆✧⋆✧⋆

I walk out of the lecture hall trying not to trip as I shove a textbook into my bag. Not looking I bump into the shoulder of some guy, "Oh my god, I'm so sorry," I apologize, looking up at him.

"Why don't you watch where you're fucking going next time," he spits out.

I almost need to laugh at his attitude, no way someone is going to talk to me like that. "Excuse me? I said sorry and it was an accident, no need to get crass with me, asshole."

A demeaning smile grows on the monstrosity that is his face as he looks me up and down predatorily."Why don't I apologize to you when we go out for coffee, say 1:00 tomorrow?"

Now I do laugh. Who the fuck does this guy think he is? I start to grow uncomfortable as he slowly inches closer to me and suddenly the urge to put him in his place lessens. As much as I want to put him in his place, I want to get away from him even more.

I put my keys in between my knuckles as a precaution and mentally prepare myself to call someone.

Yes, I am an independent woman who doesn't enjoy being belittled and I definitely don't feel the need to be saved by a 'strong man', but I am realistic and I value my life. 

I start to walk away from him but he grabs my wrist and pulls me back. "Don't ignore me," he scowls, "why don't we go get that coffee now, huh?"

I rip my hand from his grasp and just as I'm about to run away, knee him in the dick, or both, my heart rate settles when I see some of my favourite boys.

"Hey fuckhead, get your hands off of her, now!" Luke yells as he runs over, Owen and Mason following behind him.

Owen walks up to us and acts as a human barrier between me and at the creep in front of me. "Do we have a problem here, asshole?"

Mason stays quiet and silently checks on me as he mouths, 'you okay?'

I nod my head and he stands beside me, placing a protective hand on my back.

The guy's eyes widen as he takes in the three of them who are clearly much taller and jacked than he is. He stutters on whatever is about to come out of his disgusting mouth when he sees the hockey jackets they're wearing. The hockey team has a reputation on campus. A reputation of not taking people's shits and they've been known to beat up a jackass or two.

"Never mind," he mutters as he walks away from us quickly and I'm finally able to breathe.

"That's right, jackass, walk away. Don't you dare come near her again or so help me god, your foot will be shoved so far up your own ass you'll never be able to walk again," Owen grits out.