[43] Officially married

"We didn't need words, we just looked at each other and smiled"

⋆✧⋆✧⋆

I undo my fifth attempt at a tying a tie and curse the dumb piece of fabric in my hand when I hear the doorbell ring.

"Can one of you get it? I'm busy!" I yell down to the boys.

"I've got it, Blake," Mason replies from downstairs.

Today is the wedding, and honestly, I'm not doing great. I'm supposed to pick up Laney from her house in ten minutes and I'm not nearly ready. I've been a stressed, tense, nervous wreck all day.

I'm excited for my dad and Nancy, I really am happy for them, but this is still hard.

It's hard seeing my dad love someone else. To watch him move on.

I know it's time, but everything happened so fast it caught me off guard.

So, to get through today, I'm focusing on the two people in my life who never fail to put a smile on my face.

Charlotte is beyond excited for the wedding. She's their flower girl and she looks adorable in her dress. She's been looking forward to this day from the second she found out about it. I can't ruin this for her.

Laney is coming as my date and thank god for her. Just knowing she's going to be by my side the entire night has made all the difference. That girl is fucking perfect. Even if she's still avoiding any sort of discussion about our kiss.

But, if time is what she needs, then so be it. She's meant to be mine as much as I'm meant to be her's. The timeline doesn't matter so long as it ends with the two of us together.

I groan when my sixth attempt at tying a tie is unsuccessful and I go to find one of the guys to help me.

The door opens before I get the chance to even reach for the handle and Laney walks through it.

My breath gets caught in my throat when I take her in.

She looks absolutely fucking mesmerizing. She's wearing a black dress that hugs her body perfectly. So much so, I almost have an aneurysm prying my eyes off her ass and tits. The dress has a cut starting from the top of her thigh, running all the way down her leg to the floor. God, the fucking access that slit gives me.

The thought alone is enough to get me hard.

Her long chocolate hair is draped down her back in loose curls and I already feel the instinct to tuck some stands behind her ear for a better view of her gorgeous face.

I don't know much about makeup, but I can tell she's wearing a little bit. Her eyelashes are longer, her cheeks look slightly more flushed, and her read lips are screaming at me to kiss them.