[24] Beautiful couple

"he found the colours to paint where the world had left her grey

"he found the colours to paint where the world had left her grey."

⋆✧⋆✧⋆

Laney and I walk around the store looking for everything on the list.

Well, I walk and push her while she sits in the cart holding the food.

The two of us find everything we need and walk up to the cashier, an older woman with glasses and greying hair.

"Good morning," Laney sweetly grins at her.

The cashier returns a grateful smile to Laney, "Oh, good morning dear."

She continues to scan all of our items which includes marshmallows for Owen. I tried to protest against getting them — because who the fuck eats marshmallows with pancakes — but Laney insisted we get them for him.

"Can I just say, you two are a beautiful couple" the cashier looks between Laney and I. 

Laney's eyes go wide and she starts to shake her head, "Oh n-"

"Thank you ma'am," I cut her off, snaking my arm around Laney's lower back.

This should be fun.

"My husband and I have been married for over 30 years, and he looks at me the way you look at her," she addresses me.

I look over at Laney who is politely smiling with flushed cheeks and an almost unnoticeable hint of annoyance in her face directed towards me. I take her hand in mine holding it and kissing the back of it.

"We could only hope to be together for so long," I add onto this scene.

Laney just ignores the two of us, putting the food into the bags we brought.

"Well, you two love birds have a great rest of your day."

"You too," I conclude our exchange as I take the grocery bag in one hand and Laney's hand in my other.

The second the two of us are out of the store and in the parking lot I burst into laughter.

"Really?" she looks at me with furrowed brows but I don't miss the smile she's trying to hide. 

"Really." The two of us drive off and head back to the house.

⋆✧⋆✧⋆