[34] Two birds with one stone

"Perhaps we are wishing for each other upon the same star"

⋆✧⋆✧⋆

I wake up in a position I've grown quite used to recently; my back facing Sterling who is pressed up against me. Not wanting to wake him up, I slowly and carefully remove his arm snaked around my stomach.

"Hey, where are you going?" he groans.

"You're awake?" I turn around, startled by his voice.

"I am now." He looks at me with displeasure evident on his face. "I was comfortable, you know."

"Sorry, darling but I have to get to class."

"Keener," he teases.

"Make fun of me all you want but I'll be the one laughing when you don't graduate."

Sterling just chucks a pillow at me so I pull on his hoodie and run downstairs.

Jemma raises an eyebrow at my outfit choice. "Nice hoodie."

"Right back at you, Jem," I point out the fact that she's in one of Chase's old football hoodies.

"Thanks." She spins to show it off more. "It's my boyfriend's. Remind me again who yours belongs to."

"It's Sterling's," I reply with an eye roll knowing exactly what she's trying to imply.

"Ah, I see, and that's your..." she waits for me to finish her sentence.

"My friend."

"Right, and do you make it a habit to snuggle with all your friends every night?"

My cheeks heat up and I decide I've had enough of this conversation. "I'm going to class now. Bye, Jemma."

I hop into my car and laugh to myself at the fact that Sterling is still in my room and he's going to have to have breakfast with Jemma and Chase without me.

As I pull into campus I chug the last few sips of my coffee and gather my things. Looking at the tall building in front of me, I spot Luke. I text Sterling that there's no need to FaceTime this morning considering I can just walk in with Luke, and I make my way over to him.

"Hey, Luke! What are you doing here?" I ask as we hug.

"I decided to not skip today. Trying to be smart and shit."

I laugh at his explanation and the two of us head inside.

All of a sudden some blonde girl comes up to us and I start to feel weirdly uneasy. Getting a closer look at her face I recognize who she is. Flashbacks to the day in the library when she spotted me and Sterling and decided to grace us with her annoying and frankly bitchy presence.

Abigail or Adeleine, I'm not actually sure which one is her real name.

"Can I help you?" I address her, already wanting to slam my head into the wall in anticipation of what she's about to say. What could she possibly want with me?