[36] This feeling

"collect beautiful moments"

⋆✧⋆✧⋆

I run back upstairs double checking that my curling iron isn't plugged in. Luckily, it isn't but I take a picture of it, knowing in 2 hours it'll be all I'm thinking about.

I do one more check around my room to make sure I didn't forget anything and my eyes linger on my desk. The now slightly wilted snowdrops sit in a small vase on the corner of the wooden surface. Under a few scattered white fallen petals is a note I've read about a million times. 'Remember to take care of yourself, you deserve it. From, Sterling'

The day after we went to the hospital, he dropped these off on my doorstep. He just rang the doorbell and by the time I got downstairs to answer it, he was gone, leaving only my favourite flowers and that small note.

"How the hell is everything going to fit?" Harper rubs her temples as she looks at the trunk of the car.

We decided to take a group trip. We're going to Luke's cottage for the weekend and I'm pretty freaking excited. However, 12 people plus all of our stuff is making packing a challenge.

After about 2 hours of playing Tetris with everything we own, we finally get it all packed away. We're taking 3 cars and still, we barely have enough space. Car number 1 is Chase and Jemma, Beth and Harper, and all the food. Car number 2 is Mason and Daisy, Luke and Owen, and all our suitcases. The last car is me, Sterling, Theo, Aspen, and the miscellaneous items. Which includes: pillows, jackets, boots, sleds, alcohol, and a few board games.

I watch as the first two cars pull out of the driveway and start the 3 hour car ride.

"Alright, is everyone ready?" Theo calls out.

"Yup, I call shotgun!" I quickly make a run for the passenger side and hop in beside Sterling in the driver's seat.

"No need to freak, Dell. We pretty much figured you'd want to sit next to him." Aspen laughs at me as she finds her way to the back seat. I shoot her a 'don't try me' glare and she backs off, throwing her hands up in surrender but a smug grin is still plastered onto her face. 

The next hour of the ride goes smoothly. We spend it talking, listening to Aspen's playlist, and eating the snacks I packed.

Halfway through the 3 hours, we decide to stop at a Tims and meet up with the rest of the group. Sterling parks and walk into the building. I take this time to stretch out my legs and gain the feeling back in my ass. I spot Daisy and Mason at a table and I make my way over to join them.

Daisy's eyes go wide when she sees me and she flings out of her seat, running to me and jumping into my arms. "Oh thank god you're here. I missed you. Never let me sit in a confined space with Luke and Owen again." Sterling just ruffles her hair and walks past us and over to Mason.