36 - earth

⚠️Make sure to vote babies⚠️And omg the amount of silent readers that emerged from the shadows, just know i love you <3

And omg the amount of silent readers that emerged from the shadows, just know i love you <3
.....
Mila's Pov

"Lia, who I could not have gotten through this school year without, and for that, you have my entire heart." Blair raises her glass before Bentley jumps in with his own input.

"Hey, maybe you, Mon, G and Blondie could be the beryllium babes to our beryllium boys, ay?" Ben grins, clasping his hands together on the table.

Blair winces and pats his head. "Hush sweetie, mommy's talking." I stifle a laugh as Benny slides back down into his seat, crossing his arms in annoyance.

"As I was saying, I know i'm a little younger than the rest of you and I'm a bit behind academically..." She trails off the last part before Ben interrupts, again.

"A bit?" He chuckles to himself, until she flicks him in the head with her fingers. "Bite me, Ben."

"Blair!" Adalines pupils are scary wide at her daughter, but Ben deserved that one.

"As I was saying, I love you nerds. Each and every one of your weird facts about Americas history and which book trope I am." She glances between Monica and I. "You guys made my entire year."

The group raises their glasses to each other right when Carter and his dad return to the table. I don't get a chance to see his face, but I don't like the atmosphere that they're emitting.

"Mila, can we talk? Carter asks, I smile at Blair, mouthing a quick 'I love you' before letting Carter steer me away. His hand stays low on my back, even after months of dating, it still makes me blush an uncontrollable amount.

We walk hand in hand down the halls and he helps me up each step to the second and third floor of our school. By the time he finally picks a classroom, my feet are killing me.

I lean against the old-school blackboard while he stands across from me. Our eyes make contact, except mine are sparkling and his look...emotionless.

"Is everything okay, did I do something?" I ask, tempted to go over and hold him, but he doesn't look in the mood for that. Which hurts, but I'll move past it.

"Did you drink? Was it your-" I cant help myself from asking questions, each second that passed made my hands tremble just a little bit more.

"When my dad took me away...from the table. He uhm..." Stuttering, slow delivery, uncomfortable shifting and avoiding eye contact. I could tell those signs from a mile away.