𝗧𝗛𝗘 𝗕𝗘𝗦𝗧 𝗙𝗥𝗜𝗘𝗡𝗗

TW:
Smut.

Characters:
Rooney Mara(Mentioned or more prob), Cate Blanchett, Lexi Moore.

Summary:
Lexi is Cates best friend, they have been friends for years and they are inseparable. One normal day Lexi takes a visit to Cates home but Cate makes that "simple" visit so much better.

♡︎♡︎♡

Cate had set up everything for the well known visitor that's on her way while Rooney aka Cates wife had just decided on going to sleep since it feels like she hasn't slept in DAYS. Cate was perfectly fine with that she liked being alone with Lexi anyways.

After a while Cate hears a knock on the door which causes her to get up and open the front door. "CATEE!!" Lexi screamed before hugging her best friend tightly and Cate hugged her back.

"I missed you so much Lex!" Cate hugged and Lexi chuckled, "It hasn't been that long!" Lexi replied as Cate freed from the hug and took Lexi inside the home by hand.

The two women sat on the couch, side by side and facing each other. Their conversation with a side of wine was going wonderful until Lexi asked a question that made Cate show her real emotions.

"How are you? Like,.. how are you and Rooney?" Lexi asked and Cate sighed before looking down to her lap and placed down her wine glass that was basically empty by now.

"It all feels fake.." Cate sighed and Lexi's face was painted in confusion.

"What do you mean Cate?" Lexi asked the blonde, "I found out Rooney was cheating with some man named Joaquin it made me question everything about myself and our relationship, After all I have done and committed then she just throws it away like all of this was nothing." Cate was a strong woman and she spent too many nights crying and debating if she should confront Rooney or not.

She hasn't confronted Rooney but Cate is at the point where she honestly doesn't give a fuck anymore, after finding out what Rooney had done she's been observing her wife and everything connected together.

The late nights Rooney had spent out of the house, the amount of time Rooney spent on her phone, the way Rooney became distant from Cate, Rooney didn't even want to eat dinner with her wife Cate had to eat alone, the two didn't even cuddle nor did they have sex anymore! And if they did have sex Rooney wouldn't put in any effort, Cate couldn't even get through an orgasm but she always had Rooney screaming into the next day. And the worst pain was when it was completely confirmed, Cate had seen the messages and that's all she needed to know her wife was cheating.

"I'm so sorry Cate, how have you been feeling are you planning on confronting her?" Lexi took Cates hands and rubbed Cates knuckles with her thumbs.

"I'm fine Lexi.." Cate replied as her eyes traveled to Lexi's thin white shirt with a few buttons loose so a little of Lexi's cleavage was showing. "No I'm your best friend, I should be helping how can I help? You genuinely deserve better, someone who knows how to care for you and love you as if you're the only person that exists. You're so special to me Cate you don't deserve that."

Cate was respectfully eying Lexi's breast as she began scooting herself closer while nodding at every word Lexi said little did she know Lexi has had feelings for Cate for a VERY LONG time and she was sort of confessing her love that she had for Cate but trying to make it in a friendly way.