chapter 7

A z grabs my wrist pulling me into the horde and I drop grabbing it's arm. I throw it over me and come up slicing into the horde cutting through brains as Jason fires off rounds into them. The group does the same and we take down as many as we can before retreating back into the building. I slam the door shut holding it closed as the horde ram against it. Jason slams into it helping me hold it close as Rick helps us too. I look over my shoulder at the group.

"Go get out of here," I look over at Rick. "You too Rick. I need you to make sure the others make it back." I say and he nods leading the rest of our small group out.

"We are heading back the way we came." Rick says over the walky six minutes later.

The door we are holding is rammed again and we are slide our one foot back and shove them back. I look over at Jason and he nods. We jump back and turn running out if the back of the store. We make it half way through the store and I chance a look or my shoulder. The zombies finally squished themselves through the door way and we're almost on us. We veer to the right heading to the emergency exit and we both shove over racks as we pass them. We find the emergency exit door gone from it hinges with a few zombies lumbering around unaware of us. Jason heads out the door bringing his machete down through a zombies head and rips it out. I jump over a crawler and slide under a zombie knocking it over. I get up running following Jason through parked unusable cars. We zigzag around cars jumping over some of their hoods as we kill zombies on our way. We come to a fence and don't slow down we us or speed as a boost and leap up onto it. We climb over it and drop down heading for a nearby builds fire escape.

We find one around the back and climb it quickly. Once on top we look out over the parking lot at the horde leaving jc heading to the fence. I squat down pulling my sniper off my shoulder and count how many zombies there are. Almost 70 zombies are pushing against the fence that is bowing out and is about to fall over. Jason sits down next to me leaning against the small wall I am crouched behind. He is holding his machete in his hand and is cleaning the zombie goo from the blade.

"What's the plan?"He asks.

"We can either take them out or we can retreat and take the long way around back to bass." I says as I look over at him.

"Let's kill them." He says with a fake laugh. " What do you think happened to Renee and Jake?" He asks seriously.

"I don't know. They could have run into the same horde we did and been killed or they escape and are waiting it out." I say hopefully.

"I doubt the first one but you'd think they would have walkyed us by now."

"You'd think. Let's hope they are at lest safe some were."

"Yeah." Jason says rubbing his chin.

I turn setting next to him and hold my gun between my knees as I run my hand through my short buzzed hair. I lean the gun against my shoulder and sigh as I look up at the light blue sky. The world has changed so much bit it is hard to tell when you look up at the sky. If only this hadn't happened then Maybe we could all live to die of old age and not be devoured by zombies.

Jason nudges my shoulder catching my attention and I glance over at him. He points to something in front if us and I look at were he is pointing. The roof next to us had four occupants and all four have their gun pointed at us. Jason and I left up our hands showing we mean no harm and the men jerk their guns up signaling for us to stand. We stand with our hands still up and Jason grabs my hand reassuringly.

"Drop all your weapons and slide them away from you." The oldest man on the roof across from us says looking around fifty and built like a farmer. We drop our weapons starting with my swords and his machete and end with our sniper riffles. After making sure the safety is on, we kick them out of reach one by one and put our hands back up. "Alright now undress and turn around both of you." The man says again.

I begin to undress sliding my shirt over my head and Jason does the same as he mouths to me "Don't". I set my shirt down revealing my bear small chest and pull off my skinny jeans. Jason does the same next to me and we turn slowly showing that we have no more weapons. We stand there for several minutes as the man whisper to one another sounding shocked. "Where did you get the scar? They look like zombie bits." The same man asks.

"I was bitten several times during the first out break two and a half years go and have not turned. Even after I died and was brought back to life. I have not turned. My friend here had a similar incident where he was bitten twice and died then was brought back to life by a paramedic before anyone know what was happening. We are immune to the virus." I say and chance turning around. the four man varying in ages watches me suspiciously and point their guns at us.

"Put your cloths on we are taking you to Daniel, he will want to see you. Mike, get their weapons. " He says to the youngest of the man and turns to leave.

We redress quickly and one of the man places a ramp over connecting the two buildings. We walk across the wooden ramp over to their side and Mike after we step off crosses to collect our weapons. Another of the man approaches us with his hand extended to Jason. Jason takes it and shakes the mans hand.

"Sorry about that. I'm Torin, that's Mike," He says pointing to the man that is collecting our weapons,"That over there is Drake, and the old fart that just left is Bert. We can't be to careful now and days."

"Its okay, we do the same thing. Names Mark, and behind me is Isabelle." He says giving them fake names just in case shit goes south for us here.

"Nice to meat you. if you will follow me." He says and opens the roof door that. We fallow him though the door and onto the dark stair way.