Chapter Three

I wake up some hours later to an odd sound that I've never heard in the compound. I look up at the screen and find an undead right up against the camera breathing into it like some how it knows that someone is watching. Something seem odd to me about this undead I look at it for the first time as someone that once was alive with a life and a family. This undead is a she and she has long black hair that has a few strands missing here and their. Her eyeliner has left streaks down her chicks, her red lipstick is smeared across her face. Her blue eyes are glazed over with her red veins sticking out bright red. Her tan business suit is ripped and torn and hanging off her small shoulders. She is about five foot two and one of her red high heals are broken missing the heal. She look so sad looking into the distend as she stand next to the camera. My eyes widen as I realize she has to be standing on the top of our building right next to our camera.

How did she get up there, we've been up there hundreds of times and never seen her before. I slide out from Jason's arms, climbing off the bed and stand grabbing my hand gun. I take a quick look at the clock and see that I was only asleep for two hours. I slide my swords on to my hips and open the door. I walk down the hallway making sure everyone is asleep. I find the stairs to the roof sand open the door silently. I slide through the door gun first and look around for the women. She is now standing on the edge of the roof looking off into the sky. I approach her with caution knowing that this women is long dead. As I approach she turn looking at me with an oddly human expression. I point my gun at her and she looks from me to the gun unlike the other undead. I look down her body and step back from her shocked.

She is at lest eight months pregnant and I watch her place her hand on her stomach as I can even see the baby kick. I turn the safety back on and place it in its holster, realizing my mastic. This women isn't one of the undead even though she looks like she's been through hell. She rubs the tears from her eyes and look at me with such sadness the I have to look away holding my self. I remember those days just standing on top a building lat at night while ever one is asleep. Looking off into the night wondering how I'm going to raise a baby in this mess. I walk up to the women and stand a few feet from her.

"Why are you up here, Hun," I ask.

She turns looking down at the ground. "I don't know if I can raise these child in this mess. I was thinking of ending it some how." She looks over her shoulder at me. "I took so many pills in hopes that it would reed of this baby. So it doesn't have to live in this world but it still fighting to live." She turns walking away from the edge and towards me.

"I've been in this same situation but that was two years ago," I say with a sad smile. "I decided that if my little girl wanted to live so badly that I would raise her and protected her from this world no mater the cost." I say closing the few feet between us and hold out my arms for the women I know is seeking confer.

She lets me take her in my arms and we sit on the roof as I hold her in my arms letting her cry. I forgot how hard this life can be when you have no one but yourself. I remember those first few months till I found my friends and the group. Slowly we stand as I help her up and we stand her in my arms and watch the night sky. She wipes her eyes with the back of her hand and grips my hands in hers. She steps over to the side and I let her standing behind her. I watch her gag herself puking up the pills she took and hold her close to me so she doesn't fall off the edge. After she stops puking we sit down on the edge and watch the night sky. I stand offering her my hand and she takes it. I help her up and into the building leading her to one of our empty rooms that has a bed in it for those occasional guest we have that never stay. I pull back the sheets as I help her into the bed and cover her up.

"I'll be back in the morning to wake you up, so don't worry just get some rest." I say with a smile as she smiles back. I leave the room shutting the door behind me and head back to my room.I approach my door to find Jason standing in the door way waiting for me. "New person?" He asks.