Chapter two

We sit watching the sun rise over the parking lot of the building next door. Undead line it unaware of us as we wait for me to join them all too soon. I lean my head against Jason's shoulder. He wraps his arm around me, placing his check on the top of my head. Oh how I wish that I had been more careful. I close my eyes not wanting this to end but know that life isn't that simple. A sharp pain starts in my heart and pumping through my veins. I grip my shirt holding myself as it finally comes to an end and open my eyes. Jason jumps back from me as I swing at him screaming. I spit blood at him vomiting on the floor and tackle him to the ground biting at his jugular vein. I feel my teeth sink in blood spilling into my mouth as I rip a hole in his neck. He gags pushing me away and holds his neck. He pulls out Handy man as I jump on him again and places the hand gun in my mouth pulling the trigger. My brains scatter the floor, walls, and sinks behind me as he cocks the gun again and place it in his own mouth. He pulls the trigger splattering the bathroom stall with his brains.

I jerk awake next to Jason who jump off the counter pulling out handy man aiming at my head and cocks it. I hold up my hands sliding off the sink and watch him walk towards the door holding me in his sights. I step back from him till my back is against the wall and chance a look at myself in the cracked mirror on the wall behind the sink. I look the same as when I walked through the bathroom door. Nothing has changed on me not even my eyes as they should have if I am one of the undead. I look back at Jason who his resting his back against the bathroom door.

"Jason, its okay I'm not a..." a bullet grazes my right shoulder as glass shatters at my back causing me and Jason to hit the ground rolling out of the way. "Who is shooting at us?" I say as I scoot closer to Jason. "For a second there I thought you had.." I look down at my feet as I close the stall door.

I cram in next to Jason feeling his bare chest against his. I look up into his eyes seeing his relief and knowing he sees the same in mine. I am not one of the undead I am amine to the plague just like half the others in the group. Jason grabs my shoulder checking the wound. Another gun shoot sends me under the stalls into the next one and to the next one till I come to the last one. I take a glace at the window pulling out my binoculars from where I tied them to my shorts. I look through them finding a random stranger in a building about a block away looking through a scope at the room. Testing a theory that has been running tough my head I grab some of the rubble and through it out towards the mirror. The sniper shoots it as I grab more rubble with Jason finally at my side and through them again and race for the door with Jason not for behind me.

I grab out my sword through the door open and race out slamming it shut as soon as Jason is out of the room. Looking around I find not one undead in the hallway and decide to go out a side door and work my way around to the sniper. Grabbing my wally-talky I hold the button and talk through hoping someone will hear me. "Is anyone there, this is Emma and Jason we are alive and heading home soon."

"Oh my god Emma I know you were not going to turn into one of them. I just know it." Hanna says over the wally-talky.

"Yeah I mad it out human for the most part. There's a sniper in the old Lawyer building see if you can see him on the cameras."

"Okay," Hanna says, "Yeah there's a group of men and a few woman and children with them." she says.

"Okay, Jason and I are going to try and make contact with them. Hopefully we don't get killed. Cross your fingers. Emma out." I say walking out the side door with my swords swinging at my hips. I pull out my silencer placing it on my hand gun and walk through the street to the next building working my way to the Lawyer building.

"Hey Hanna what floor are they on? Can you tell?"

"Looks like the eighth floor in Mr. Coffee's Office." she says.