Chapter Four

The next few days are spent in mourning and Renee, Jason, Rick, and I are the only look outs. We do it in shifts most of the time besides today. Today we are all sitting on the roof top with Hanna at the screens.

Rick is counting ammunition while Renee is loading her rifle. Jason is looking through his scope watching a nearby hoard as they come closer to our home. I am sitting on the other side with my back against the small wall. I have one of me swords out and I am sharpening it. Renee finishes reloading her rifle and throws it over her shoulder as she walks over to me. She sits down next to me and sets her rifle in her lap. I finish sharpening my blade and sheath it. I put my stone down and lean my head back on the ledge.

"Emma." Hanna says over the walkie

"What is it Hanna?" I ask.

"Jade and Jack are bringing you guys lunch." Hanna says.

"Alright." I say as I nod to Renee to get the door for them. Renee walks over to the door and holds it open for them. Jade walks with Renee over to me and sits down between us. She hands us some sandwiches, chips, and a bottle of water.

I turn away from them when they hug and kiss and eat my food facing the opposite direction. I don't like to invade on their privet moment. I eat my food in silence not wanting to interrupt them and look up as Jason walks over to me. He sits down placing his arm over my shoulders and i snuggle into his side. We finish our food and stand walking over to his sniper rifle. we stand next to each other as he picks up his rifle and looks through the scope. He watches the same horde as earlier and look puzzled for a moment. He looks down shaking his head and looks back through the scope. He looks away again with another confused look. "What the hell is that?"He says and I grab the binoculars off the ledge in front of me.

I look through them and I am unable to understand what i am seeing. Standing among the horde is a twelve foot massive man with glowing red eyes. His massive muscles, tendons, and bones are showing through the stretched and ripping flesh. The skin around his mouth is ripped and half hanging as it consumes the undead around him. His massive, bony hands grip around the torsos of the undead crushing them as he brings their heads into this mouth. the heads are crushed by its massive yellow teach, their decaying brains pill over his rotting bottom lip like rancid jelly.

I look away, fear building in the pit of my stomach and I connect eyes with Jason. " What s tha.." I say as a deep, roar echo's through the streets. ' Get down.' I say as i look through the binoculars again and find the monster staring right at me. I drop to the roof top nest to Jason as everyone does the same staring wide eyed at me.

'What in god's name was that?" Renee asks as she creeps over to me in a crouch with Jade protectively at her back.

"I don't know.' I whisper.

"How have we not noticed this thing before?" Rick ask as he too creeps over to me with Jack.

"Must have come from Area 51, we are in Roswell, and its not to far from here." I say.

"Must have." Renee mumbles. "why would the Government need something like that hidden away."

"War maybe, but why did it chose now to show it's self?" Jason asks.

"Could have been here the hole time. We haven't been here for a very long. It could have only come out at night and just worked it's way to where we are.' I say. The ground shakes around us as loud thumping is heard in the distance. "What the." I say as i turn holding the binoculars to my eyes and watch the monster taking off towards us his eyes boring into me.

"What should we call it?" Jade asks.

"Troll." Jason says with a half smile as I stand unsheathing my swords.

"Let's see what he's made off." I say as i charge towards the Troll.

"What is that?" Hanna yells over the walkie as she watching the Troll and I closing the distance between us.

"Troll." Rick says over they walkie.

"Emma" Jason yells as a bullet bounces off the troll's head.

I reach the Troll and jump slamming my swords to the hilt in its gut. I pull them to the side as it continues to turn at my home and i spill its guts. The Troll stops knocking me to the ground and reaches for me. I grab my shot gun from my back and shot through the remaining flesh. He opens his mouth growling at me and a rocket slams into his mouth. He closes his mouth around the rocket just as it explodes, blowing its head off. The rancid brains spill out covering me as I shield my face with my arms.

I stand shaking off the brains and pull out my waking. "Who shot that?"

"I did you careless bitch.' Hanna says back over the walkie.

"When did we get a rocket launcher?" I ask.

"About a month ago when we raided that armory.' Rick chimes in.

'Why Wasn't i told about this?" I ask as i collect my swords and start walking back home.

"You don't need to know everything." Hanna says. "Besides we didn't want Jason to blow every thing up. You know how he is, and if you know then he would."

"That is true.' Jason say and i can practically hear the shrug in his voice.

"Someone get the shower running, and a fire. I need a shower and these clothes need to be burned." I say as i reach the front doors.

"Yeah, I'm on it already."Jade says as I hear the shower running.

'Thanks, leaving the cloths outside the front door.' I say stripping down to nothing.

"On it." Renee says from above me. " Oh god I can smell you from here. God that is rancid."

"How do you think I feel." I say walking through the door that Jason is holding open for me. I walk to the far right section that is sectioned off by tarps that are hanging from the ceiling. I open the tarp and look up at the five hoses that are tied to basketball polls. The one on my far left is running and I get under neath it. The water is warm but just barely. I was up with strawberry scented shampoo and body wash. After rinsing, i dry off and wrap up in a blue towel. I wipe down my swards till they are clean and walk out to my room after leaving my guns in the room.