Chapter 8

We have been in the lower section of this old building for the better part of the day waiting for Daniel to come see us. They said he would return with in an hour of us first being brought to this self made holding cell. I was a room with three bared wire cadges, one held Jason and I and the other two where empty. The barbed wire has blood can chucks of flesh hanging from it. I look over at Jason next to me who's hand are zipped tied being his back along with his feet. We are sitting back to back as we stair up at the walls of the room. Jason leans his head against my shoulder as he sighs.

"Well I saw this coming." He says with a bit of anger.

"What other chose did we have?" I ask as I lean my head against his and hold his hand with mine which are zip tied behind our backs. "I am sorry Mark." I say with a smirk as he nudges me.

"What Beth, just telling them our names." He says with a laugh as I sigh again.

"I wander how the girls are doing?" I say more to myself then to "Mark".

"Better then we are. I can tell you that." He says with a smart ass remark.

"You don't have to be such a jackass about it. I can't help worrying about them, they are my girl." I say as I sit up forcing his head off my sore soulder.

"I know, sorry. i just hate being stuck like this." He says.
"just a little bit longer okay." i say as we scoot so we are shoulder to shoulder. this seems to be me and Jason's fate. ever so often we get into this kind of mess. most of this city has been abandoned for about a year now. half the town is infested with zombies and the other half is ran by bandits. lucky for us the bandits know better then to mess with us but the zombies are another story. i remember how i was in the beginning, when it all started. i was alone, pregnant and scared. I remember calling Ayden and telling him how i was not going to make it back home. o told him i loved him and that i would see him in Roswell new mexico where we said we would meet if something happened.

I remember hanging up and turning on my car to head that way. i sat on the side of the road watching the town fall apart around me. there where Zombies chasing people who were. frantically trying to get away. i watch them frozen for god only news how long until someone tried getting into my car and I snapped out of it. i put it in drive and slammed on the gas heading out of town. A red car comes at my side almost hitting me as i swerve out of its way and almost hit a telephone pole. it felt like hours before i am on a back road headed far from town when in reality it was maybe thirty with all the crazy shit going on. I remember it ad gotten dark and i drove with out my head lights on. i had used the full moon to guide me down the road i had known well. After the sun had risen i found myself on the side of the road. i had fallen asleep and had driven off the road. lucky for me I did not hit a tree or a zombie. I had driven back on the road hoping to make it to Roswell in a few hours but things had not gone as planed.

A man ran out in front of me and I stop my car so I would not hit him. It was a foolish move on my part because seven other men walked out of the woods around me. They came up to the car as I hand locked the car doors so they could not get into the car. I was very wrong. They broke the car windows and had pulled me out of the car. I stayed with them for eight months doing whatever they asked of me. That first week with them they made me go with them to get supplies and I was shoved into a room full of zombies and had to fend them off while the group got supplies. I fought them off but was bitten several times before I manage to get out of there. I never told them what had happened. I just bide my time till on the first day of winter. I remember waking up early as always before the men but something about that day was different. I didn't know what but something in me changed. I remember looking down at my swollen belly and knew that my little one was going to come that day. That was when I decide I was to find a way out of their grip. We had found the house a few weeks before and I had done all the chores around the house while all the had done was find food and other woman. But by the end of those woman who only last a week and those eight man would turn back to me for all their needs.

I remember i had walked out of the large pantry that served as my room and I walked towards the front door where Mike the leader of these corrupted men. That day i found him a sleep at his post with their newest bounty, a small blonde barely older then seventeen. I walked by them as quiet as I was able to be and walked out onto the porch. To my right was Drake the youngest of their band wagon who was also asleep with Kevin on his left. Next to Kevin sat my sword my katana and I had taken it from his side with out his notice. I walked down the steps and headed down the long walk way to the car. I open the door and looked by the house with all of the unsuspecting woman left inside. I had wondered what would happen to them after I left. How long would they last? Would they last as long as the last group? I had to do something anything to save them but, I had thought as I looked down at my swollen abdomen. I knew that the life inside of me was more important then the woman inside the house. I climbed in the car and turned on the car. I drove off as the man had waken up and ran after me. lucky for me they only had on car. I had drove for about a hour before I had come to a town. There were zombies every where and i drove past them further into town.

After i had lost the zombies I came across a sign that had read. *Servers 850 N 14th st, roof top.* I had gone to the street and found servers on the roof top. The had me drive my car into the garage and I waited for one of them to come to great me. I was greeted by who i now know as Rick and Jack but didn't then. They had lead me to the safe room where they left me for the night. Only that night was the night that I had Lilly by myself on the old mattress. The next day when they had come to check on me, they had been surprised to find me breast feeding her.

"Beth," Jason says pulling me from my thoughts. "We have a visitor." He says as a dark skinned man standing at six foot four and wearing military grade cloths.

"Hello I am Daniel and I hear you are immune. " He says his voice deep questioning our very existent.