PROF ED 7-A

PROF ED 7-A

COURSE TITLE: Technology for Teaching and Learning 1

UNIT TITLE/CHAPTER TITLE: ICT Policies and Safety Issues: Implications to Teaching and Learning

Lesson Title: Policies and Issues on the Internet and Implications to Teaching and learning

Definition of ICT Policy

· "Policy" means course of action

· It was adopted and pursued by a government, party, ruler, statesman.

· ICT Policies are needed to put a roadmap or course of actions to be pursued and adopted by various governments, organizations, entities involving ICT.

· ICT cover three main areas (telecommunications (telephone), broadcasting (radio and television) and Internet)

· ICT Policy is a policy put into place by governments' and stakeholders' who are committed to the process of bringing digital technology to all individuals and communities so that they can have access to information.

Importance of ICT Policy

· ICT will establish a transparent, responsive and accountable government; develop skilled human resources; enhance social equity; ensure cost-effective delivery of services through public-private partnerships and provide enhanced opportunities for education

THE NEW ICT TECHNOLOGIES

· Information Technology

(Information Technology includes the use of computers and other gadgets that can help humans. It becomes the indispensable in modern societies to process data and save time and effort. This was all about the software and for the user, computer literacy.)

· Telecommunication technologies

(Telecommunications technology refers to distance communications, such as radio, telephone, television, satellite, microwave, data communication, and computer networking. In the 21st century, it is essential to the conduct of most elections.)

Some Modes of Telecommunications

E-mail

Fax

Instant messaging

Radio

Satellite

Telegraphy

Telephony

Television broadcasting

· Networking technologies

(Network Technology involves the use of data systems to manage and deliver digital resources over a computer network. A variety of industries use computer hardware and system software that maintains a network, creating a need for specialists to manage them.)

Examples of Networking Technologies

wireless keyboards, cell phone headsets, printers, bar code scanners, wireless mice & game consoles. This network is mainly used for personal purposes.

THE DICT ROADMAP

· DICT means Department of Information and Communication Technology

· They are the one who formulated a roadmap to guide all agencies in the utilization, regulation and enhancement of ICT.

· ICT4E - a program under the DICT that supports all the efforts of the education sector in incorporating the use of ICT as well as in determining and gaining access to the infrastructure (hardware, software, telecommunications facilities and others)

VJHEYANGV L I T E R A T U R E S 💜✨On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara