An Essay

Jhealyn Padilla

ROCK

There are many words that can describe a rock. There are many things that can be associated to it. Many humans used a rock to portray themselves. We all know that a rock is a hard one. It cannot be broken easily unless you forced it and you break it apart. A simple rock had a different meaning on it which can be taken literally or even in a deep understanding. It has many purposes in our everyday life. Because of rock we can build something that we can be proud of.

Our teacher in EAPP let us go outside for us to search to an object that is familiar to us and we are able to describe it. As I explore my eyes I saw different kinds of rock and this rock caught my eyes. I get interested to it because as I’ve known rock has many purposes. This rock that I found is located in front of the Annex building and it was surrounded by the plants. These rock was used to landscape the plants for them to had a good view and for them to be beautiful aesthetic in our eyes.

As I observe this is I think of many ways this can be a good design for the landscapes and even in the garden. Rock or stone is a natural substance, a solid aggregate of one or more minerals or mineraloids. For example, granite, a common rock, is a combination of mineral quartz, feldspar, and biotite.

The outer layer of the Earth lithosphere is made up of rocks. Rock has been used by the human kind throughout the history. The minerals and metals in the rock had been essential to human civilization. As I’ve learned in Physical Science during Grade 11 under Sir Danny Manuel there are three major groups of rock namely igneous, sedimentary, and metamorphic.

The scientific study of rock is called Petrology which is an essential component of geology. Rock is composed of grains of minerals, which are homogenous solids formed from a chemical compound arranged in orderly manner. The aggregate minerals forming the rock held together by the chemical bonds. The types and abundance of minerals in a rock are determined by the manner in which it was formed. Rocks are being classified according to their characteristics such as mineral and chemical composition, permeability, texture of constituent particles, and particle size. These physical properties are the result of processes that formed the rocks. Over the course of time rocks can transform from one type into another, as described by a geological model called the rock cycle. This transformation produces three general classes of rock: igneous, sedimentary, and metamorphic.

The use of rocks has had a huge impact on the cultural and technological development of the human race. Rocks have been used by humans and other hominids. We can use rocks to build a house and we can also use it to build fences and dikes. Even the small part of a rock can also be a useful some other people like architects used it to design the pathways or even in landscapes.

Rock or stone can be useful part of our life. It is not a living thing it cannot move but it can help us to progress in our economy. Everything that is part of our environment has it essence and as we are here we must care and love them just like on how we gave importance to the valuable things to us.

We should give importance to the rocks. Be a friend of nature, and let’s change for the better. Now is the word, it’s now or never.